Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Still Remember - Four Snazzily Dressed Women and One Mangy But Lovable Dog

So I took the entire weekend as a personal scrapaganza weekend, and it took me til last night to get my mojo going! Does this ever happen to you? Aargh! I can't say I wasn't productive though, I cleaned and reorganized my scraproom, which felt GREAT! It's so much more fun scrapping in a clean environment! I will take pics soon and post them.
So, once I got my mojo going it felt really good. I decided that I would use up the last of my SiStv Hipster collection. I just counted and I have made 8 projects with that collection - and one of them was an 8x8 minibook! It's been great, but alas I now say goodbye to the Hipster with this one last layout:

The picture is of my sister Renee, Me, My mom, our poodle Pierre and my Grandma Thompson. The journaling reads: "July 4, 1971. I remember the warm sun on my face. I remember how pretty grandma's flowers looked. I remember feeling we were lookin' snazzy in our red, white and blue outfits!"
Isn't it funny how we remember certain specific moments of life? That was so many years ago, but I can still feel that warm sunshine.
Along with the Hipster collection ingredients, I used a butterfly cut from a magazine, embroidery floss, some blue ric rac and ATB Labeling strips.
Don't forget to leave your name in the Retro RAK post below if you would like to be in the drawing! You've got til tomorrow evening!
Now that I've got the mojo going - I'm off to see what else I can create!
Hugs and peace to you all!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Michelle, I love your page and I am happy for you getting your room done. I am getting there. I worked on some Swaps this weekend and that was fun and made a card for my Daughters teacher for the first day of school. It was really simple but cute! Your BLOG is adorable!!!

Unknown said...

Love the page and all the other pages in your blog
Thanks for the peek =)