Sunday, November 30, 2008

There are Places I'll Remember...

The new song at Scrapping The Music is "In My Life" by the Beatles. It's such a beautiful song. The lyrics made me think of my childhood home:

The journaling reads: 3940 Unity. My childhood home. I lived from 4 years old until 7th grade, when the city decided to widen the highway and bought up all the houses on our block to make room for it. I have some great memories from growing up there and I dreamed I was back there for years after we left.

I used the Night Owl collection from SiStv, which I LOVE cuz there's lots of ORANGE in it, which is my favorite color! The mailbox numbers, the rainbow pin and little keys are all thrift store finds, and I also added the smiley face button from my own stash.

I am a little bleary-eyed tonight cuz I stayed up til 8:30 am (yep you read that right) working on my final Project Catwalk Project. It felt good to get it done though. Now I am finishing up my tutorials for the three projects. I don't know what will come of this contest, but I do know that it has really stretched me as an artist and I have learned so much from the whole process I can't even begin to describe it. I will be forever grateful for that.

See you all tomorrow! I wish you a good night's sleep and peaceful happiness on this last evening of November my friends!

2 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I so love your layout- amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous layout girlie.

My fingers aren't crossed for you.. you read the right NOT crossed. Cuz I have full and total faith that you will blow them all away with your creations...you will WIN the Project catwalk,,,no doubt about it!