Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crops, Creativity and Feline Friendship...

I'm off to my monthly crop with my girlfriends today, and I'm so excited! I think I prepared pretty well this time, and I have lots of fun projects to complete! I can't wait to see my friends and catch up on what's been going on in life! Hopefully, when I come back I will have lots to share!

In the meantime, I want to share this Christmas card I made this week for my work group to give my supervisor (I think I'm safe in sharing because I don't think she reads my blog). I had so much fun creating this little card - it really put me in the holiday spirit!I used the KI Memories Joyful Holiday Collection and the Love, Elsie Noel collections, along with some graph paper, pom pom trim and a doodle pen. Oh, and a page from the dictionary!


I also want to share with you my latest pic of the boys. I cannot even describe how much it warms my heart to witness the friendship these two have. They do most everything together. It's so cute. This is where they spend a lot of time during the day. On my desk right next to my computer, watching the birds and squirrels. They truly warm my heart and brighten my days.
I will be back tomorrow, but until then I wish you warm and cozy friendships, hot cocoa and plenty of time to create!

3 comments:

Radio Channeler said...

Cats Are Creative Too!

Hi, I was reading your blog, and thought you might enjoy this:
-------------------------
My cat, Henry is a fiber artist. This is not a joke video or a set-up. All I do is nail the carpet to the wall, and Henry does all the work. In making this video, it is my hope that more cat owners will realize that their feline companions enjoy expressing their creative talents just as much as they do -- all they need are the right materials!

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggbupx071y0

During the summer and fall, Henry's work was on exhibit at the Bangor Maine Public Library. He is the first feline artist to have his work on display. This is the write-up they posted next to his work:

~~Henry, Anita Louise McCormick's cat, is a fiber artist too! He specializes in creating unique fiber art wall hangings. Anita adopted Henry from the Airport Mall pet store in 2002 so her other kitty, Alice, would have another cat to play with.

Henry's talent as a fiber artist was discovered when his frustration with traditional scratching posts led Anita to purchase rug remnant pieces from Marden's, and nail them to the wall. It did not take him long to discover that not only did he now have a great place to sharpen his claws, but it proved to be a wonderful outlet for his artistic abilities!

When a new piece of rug is attached to the wall, Henry takes time to look it over to see how he can best use it to express his ideas and feelings. Then he begins his work, pulling a loop out here and a thread out there, until the piece is finished.

Most of Henry's fiber art wall hangings take months to complete. As soon as he is finished, he lets Anita know so she can remove it from the wall and replace it with a fresh piece of carpet.

While Anita has displayed Henry's wall hangings in her apartment for some time, this is the first public exhibit of his work.~~

You can see close-up photos of Henry's wall hangings from his public exhibition at:
http://teh-kitteh-antidote-anecdote.blogspot.com/2008/06/more-on-henry-feline-fiber-artist.html

Anonymous said...

awww love you kitties,.

And I am soo ripping of that card. It's gorgeous!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Love, love the fa.la.la.. your card is adorable. I'm sure the receiver will love it too. Very creative :)