Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fave Photos Mini...

I'm so excited! I finished my minibook! I never thought it would happen that fast! I tried a couple different approaches and decided to go with a very simple design for this book. On the inside cover I listed the dates and descriptions for the photos and then just printed the photos out 5x7 and pasted them to the page. I usually LOVE to embellish the heck out of everything, but for this I didn't want anything to distract from the image. I picked completely random photos from the year - ones that felt special to me for one reason or another. All products except the black thickers are from the Social Butterfly collection at SiSTV...
Willie at home 1/14


View from our scrapbook retreat window 2/28
Leaf in the yard at our retreat 3/1

Graffiti on St. Paul train car 3/19
Hometown sky 6/7

Our hands 7/17
Second anniversary of our first date 5/19

Becca on graduation day 6/7
Dancing with joy 7/31

Steve at seventeen 11/9
Father and son moment 8/18

Tony serenades 8/14
It's a big wide world - outside Home Depot 9/7

Nature walk in the neighborhood 10/21
Brotherly love 12/22

Window shopping on Balboa Island 12/29

Some of the SiSTV collections come with what's called a "Look Book," which is a nice little collection of design ideas for the supplies in the kit, and this mini was inspired by one of Martha Bonneau's designs in the Look Book, as well as Kristina's idea for a Fave Photos of 2008 mini. Thanks for the inspiration you two!

Okay, so later today the new song goes up at Scrapping The Music and it's one of the coolest, rockinest songs I've heard in a long time! I had to rush right over to itunes and download it! Don't forget to check it out!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So great!
TFS!
: )

xoxo.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

awesome album- I love all the photos and how you put them together!

McMGrad89 said...

That was super album. My favorite one was the leaf. I thought you actually had a leaf sitting on the page!
TFS

Anonymous said...

So cool!! Love your take on it. :):)

Dolores said...

I love your minibook!

Unknown said...

Great idea and fun photos!

Unknown said...

OMG- 5/19 is my anniversary! :) Love that photo of your hands!!!