Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Project 365 Update...

Peek-A-Boo.... I see you Willie... LOL (just had to share).
So, I spent all evening yesterday researching alternative ways to put together a Project 365 kit. I've been waiting for over two months for Creating Keepsakes to send their kit and I was starting to feel like maybe the backorders were never going to be filled. I even started shopping around for the different supplies. From what I could figure, it was going to cost about $119 to purchase a 3-ring album, and enough divided page protectors and 3x4 journaling cards to make my own kit. And that's not even considering extra embellies or anything. Yikes. I suppose I could make my own journaling cards, but the idea was supposed to be to make it EASY to document your year, and I could picture myself at my paper cutter, cutting 365 journaling cards - ugh.

The good news is that I called Creating Keepsakes again today and they told me the backordered shipment has arrived in the warehouse, and would be shipped out in the next few days. Yeay! Then I got an order confirmation email - double yeay! Now I am hoping to get the actual kit soon, with even more of an appreciation of the $35 price tag. Once I get it I am planning to put together some embellies from my stash so I can personalize it a little bit. I can hardly wait!

So it's Wednesday, which means its Project 52 day again, and I have TWO ATCs to make - last week's and this week's. Last week's subject was excitement about SiSversary, and this week is yet to be determined...

I hope your week is going well! I will be back tomorrow with another update!

2 comments:

Allison said...

glad to hear that everything with your kit worked out.
i'm doing project 365, but making my own.
i made it super simple.
becky higgens posted a pdf with journaling cards + week of cards on her blog, so i've used those.

i also went through my scraps and cut journaling cards out. once i had assembled all my papers, it only took me about 30 min. now i've gotten in the habit of cutting any scraps in have to that size while i'm working with them.

it's been easy, but not as easy as the kit :)

McMGrad89 said...

That is a long time to wait since it is now day 54 of the year...That will be a lot to catch up on, but I am glad to hear your kit will be coming soon. $35 definitely sounds like a deal, maybe they should start the orders earlier next year.