Monday, May 25, 2009

Free To Be Me at Scrapping The Music!

Happy Monday! The new song is up at Scrapping The Music and it's "Free To Be Me" by Francesca Battistelli! I must admit I had never heard this song before we featured it, but I love it and it has sooooo many great lyrics for scrapping! I had originally picked a different lyric to scrap, and was having a terrible time coming up with a layout - I think I was pushing myself too hard - then I realized that the lyric I really NEEDED to scrap was "Perfection is my Enemy," because really - once in awhile I start worrying too much about it and I forget to just have fun. So silly. I am working on this tho, and there is nothing more fun than just playing with art. This is my ode to imperfection. The title is the lyric, the rest is just my own journaling...
Come on over and play along with us!!! I'd love to see what you create!

So, how has your weekend been going? I had a wonderful Sunday! Michael and I went back to my neighborhood from when I was single - in the city, and walked around the Lake. It was an absolutely gorgeous day!!! Here's a few of the sites we saw...

I love the guy stretching his back leg, and the other one looking straight at me - so cute!




So, I'm excited about having today off (it's memorial day here - is it in other countries too?), and I am just going to scrap scrap scrap! Yeayyy! SiSversary is starting to get close and I have lots of swaps to do!

Have a fabulous day! Thanks for stopping by!!!

7 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your day off.
It's not Memorial Day in Australia. What are you remembering?
I like your scrapping the music page - full of emotion.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Such an amazing amazing layout- I love this!!!!

Marit said...

I love the LO!!! Perfection - just my kind of thing to fight these days! We don't memorize anything in the Netherlands today... but I hope you enjoy your day off!!! Can't wait to see what comes out of your hands again...

Unknown said...

love that art journal page! I must go check out those lyrics, sounds like a good challenge this week.

great pictures - enjoy your day!
These long weekends are great but they just go by too darn fast for me!

Jenneke said...

Looks like we both had a wonderful sunday!!! LOVE your pictures! And love your layout for STM!!!!!

Sasha said...

AMAZING .. WOW .. AMAXING ..girl your work is always so inspiring ..Ima try and just get messy like that and then Ima come to you for your input .. LOVE THIS

mandysea said...

Love your STM page! Sooooo true and a timely reminder I think to stop agonising over getting things right! I do this tooooooo!

Love your photos - so peaceful
xx