Monday, July 6, 2009

Gettin Sketchy With it...

It was project day at our house on Sunday and I was so productive! Michael worked on a renovation project for our bathroom closet, and I scrapped the day away! I finished all three layouts from Gretchen McElveen's "Gettin' Sketchy" class! I didn't get to actually take her class at SiSversary, because the time conflicted with another class I was taking, but I was able to buy a class kit and bring it home with me. It was so much fun to do these layouts because I had all the materials cut for me, and sketches right there in front of me - easy peasy lemon squeezy!!! I thought the most appropriate thing to do with these sketches was to make layouts for my SiSversary yearbook, which meant I had to adjust each of the sketches to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 size (they were originally 12 x 12), which wasn't hard to do. Here is how they turned out...

These first two are almost exactly the same design that Gretchen used (click to read the journaling and/or see more detail)...


and this last one I ended up changing quite a bit. I changed the colors of the cardstock from Kraft and white to Maroon and Pink - just because those colors were speaking to me at that moment. I also discovered how fun it is to write on transparencies with a sharpie, and that's where things went awry ... By the time I was done doodling and writing all over this, there was no room for the rest of the embellies Gretchen had included! LOL. In fact, I think I have enough stuff leftover that I can make another layout - yeayyyyy!!!

I also finished making my art journal from the Collage Couture class, but I will save that to share with you tomorrow.

Speaking of art journaling - I signed up for Dina Wakely's third art journaling class, called "Masterful Art Journaling" and I'm so excited about it! I am a week behind so I have some catching up to do, but that's okay - it's going to be fun! You can still sign up if you are interested. Click here for more info.

Hey, did you see the new thing we've got going over at Scrapping The Music? The first week of every month we are going to have a TV Theme song for the challenge. This week the song is the theme from "Cheers." There is going to be a special RAK given away to a random participant which will be in addition to the monthly RAK we already give away. Come on over and play along - we'd love to see what you come up with!

Now it's time to clean my scraproom and get to bed. Morning will come early! Take care and I will see you tomorrow my friends!

10 comments:

milkcan said...

Beautiful layouts, Michelle! Love them!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

those layouts makes me happy- wonderful!

AlexM said...

love your layouts Michelle, and i'm glad you had a blast at sisanniversary!

chris a said...

Love the layouts and how you made them your own. I wish I could take the Dina Wakley class but it's not in the budget. I look forward to seeing your Collage Couture pages and also what you do in Dina's class

marit said...

Wonderful memories and wonderful lay outs!!!

I decided not to take Dina's class after all, but have fun! Curious to see what you're going to make!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful layouts ... and what a great idea to make them all about SISlive!

Lori W said...

I'm still debating signing up for the Dina class....I LOVED the first two, but haven't caught up on those....will still ponder... your layouts are gorgeous! xo

bethchien said...

OMG!! Your layouts are awesome!! I love the design of the page on the first one..loving that black line all the way around!! and the flowers!! love all the pics and the journaling on the 3rd one really rocks!! So coool!

mandysea said...

WOW Michelle, I soooo love visiting your blog because I can be assured of eye-candy!!
Stunning work and stunning colour!!

Anonymous said...

Love your funky journaling!!