Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Well Hello There...

It's Wednesday and I just found out that my Studio Calico kits AND my Scrap in Style order are BOTH coming tomorrow!!! That will be a grand happy mail day! Yeayyyyyyy!!!!!!

I finished some masked background paper for The Next Step challenge, but I haven't made it into anything yet, so I think I will wait to share til it's a finished layout.

So, I moved onto the current challenge at "These are a Few of My Favorite Things," which is to scrap your favorite flower. That was a no-brainer for me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gerbera daisies. They are so big and bright and cheery! I have a few pictures of gerbera bouquets that I've gotten as gifts, but I had the vision of one solitary gerbera for my layout, so I decided to paint it. Here's how it turned out...
I wanted to keep it simple to focus on the flower. I used acrylic paint, gouache and oil crayon to paint the flower. Then I cut it out and popped it up with foam adhesive dots. The word is stamped with my fave Stampin Up alphas. And that's it!

So, looking at my beloved project list, I'm going to be working on the "O" page for my "A Year In The Life of an Art Journal" next. Maybe I can work in some misting or masking...

I will be back tomorrow with another update. Have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

this is beautiful- love it girl!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love gerberas! And yes, tomorrow will indeed be a happy mail day!

Marit said...

LOVE your gerbera! And I can't wait to see what you do with spray ink and masks... you know I'm a fan!

McMGrad89 said...

I love the simplicity of the flower on that page. It is a little different from the bright layouts you usually do. It is great.

erinrwillis said...

Simple and SO pretty! You know SO many techniques, it's crazy!

Anonymous said...

that is stunning!

Marit said...

Hi sweetie...me again...tagged you (on my blog)...that is...if you wanna play!