Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Greeting from Me and Willie, Plus New Stuff to Share...

I was messing around with Photo Booth again and made this ridiculously short video to share with you...



Next time I post a video, I will try to have more content - LOL. At least I know how to do it now. :0)

I finished my "S is for Song" page for "A Year In The Life of an Art Journal." The idea was to share a lyric from a song you love. This is one of my favorite lyrics and I found it so true in my life. The song is called "Duck and Cover" and it's by Glen Phillips...

Since I could only fit one line on the page, I thought I would share the whole song with you here since I love it so much! Check out this video of Glen doing "Duck and Cover" live...



Someone's in the back yard, banging on the door
Daddy's gone away, he's coming back no more
His baby's curled up on a stranger's floor
Mama's thinking family dinners weren't too much to ask for

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

Cause one way or another, we'll all need each other
Nothing's gonna turn out the way you thought it would
But friends and lovers, don't you duck and cover
Cause everything comes out the way it should

Blessed are the humble, blessed are the meek
Blessed are the hungry, blessed are the weak
Blessed are the ones on the other side
Blessed are we for just being alive

One day I stopped wanting anything at all
The heavens opened up like a waterfall
No use in worrying about when it ends
Just for now be thankful for what i get

Cause one way or another, a man's gonna suffer
It makes no difference the way you wanted it
But friends and lovers, don't you duck and cover
Cause everything comes out the way it should in the end

Seems like life is a palindrome
You cry when you die, you cry when you're born
In between it's all about the ups and downs
Add 'em all together, they cancel each other out

Cause one way or another
One way or another
You won't get what you wanted
You'll get enough, for sure
One way or another
Winter pays for the summer
Won't get what you wanted
What you got'll be good

Someone's in the back yard, banging on the door
Daddy's gone away, he's coming back no more
His baby's curled up on a stranger's floor
Mama's thinking happy endings weren't too much to ask for
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh. Love that song.


Anyhoo, moving on - here's my Prompt-A-Day page for November 21st...
and that's about it for today!

I'm off to work on my "Fave Decade" layout for the These are a Few of My Favorite Things blog! Take care and I hope your weekend is fantastic!

6 comments:

Marit said...

Love your little video... it's nice to see you and hear you "in person" and it makes me shiver less thinking about making my own video's (I will have to, for the workshops, but I'm a bit frightened...) LOVE the song, never heard it before... and it makes me think of another... new inspiration! YEAH! I'm off to work on the same challenge today... have fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

******EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK************* u and Willie are JUST soooooooooooooo STINKIN' CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those pages...and those lyrics are WOW!!!!!! And yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for Michelle doing her FAVE THINGS lo!!!!!! And UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM did U see the new side bar on FAVE THINGS???? I added links to all the past GDT's! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

mborrero said...

your kitty is gorgeous!!!!

Michelle Gautreaux said...

you are beautiful and so is your work.

milkcan said...

Awesome, awesome page! I love it!!!! And the video is adorable!

Thinkie said...

great pages!