Friday, November 27, 2009

My Fave Decade...

I woke up at 3:00 am this moning and was so excited about my long weekend of scrapping that I had to get up - I couldn't sleep! I feel like a kid at Christmas! HA! So now it's only 7:47 am and I finished my Fave Decade layout - The decade I chose is probably no surprise to those who know me...
I was in my teens in the 70's and I still love so much about those years. I used the Studio Calico "Yearbook" kit for this layout, and the image of Elton John is from the cover of Time Magazine's June 1975 issue. I kept it all these years because I loved the illustration! I think the reason it took me so long to finish this layout is because there is So MUCH I love about the 70's it was hard to figure out how to sum it all up. I finished before the deadline for the Fave Things challenge tho, so it's all good.

I hope you all have an awesome Friday, and if you are in the U.S. and participate in Black Friday shopping - I wish you fabulous deals!

8 comments:

mborrero said...

awesome and funky!!!

namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

Marit said...

AWESOME....!!!! ELTON JOHN!!!! I have lots of memories with songs of this man playing a roll in it (but I won't tell here... LOL!) Your layout is COOL!!!! LOVE IT!!! ROCK IT BABY!!!!!!!!

McMGrad89 said...

Well, I think you summed up the 70s well. The layout is groovy to say the least.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this Michelle!!! Did U know that I went and saw him and Billy Joel in July in Philly?!?!??!?! :):):):):):):):):) This is JUST HOLY FLIPPIN' WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the colors!!! Thanks as ALWAYS FOR PLAYING ALONG WITH US! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenneke said...

WOW Michelle, how I LOVE LOVE this layout!!!!! The colors are amazing and I think Elton John looks much better on this picture than in real life ;-)
Thanks so much for playing with us!!
Wishing you a fabulous scrapping-weekend!

XXXJenneke

Anonymous said...

Wow..Michelle..this is amazing!
Love the journaling,the doodling,the colors...well everything!!Really cool!
Thank you so much for joining us!
Have a productive weekend ;)

Deana said...

Totally freakin' cool. Love, love, love this! But then again, what DON'T I ♥ that you create! This ROCKS, Michelle! :-)

Bekka said...

Coolness! Love those colors! Thanks for playing! :)