Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 10th and 11th Art Journal Pages and the Results of my Second "Finish 'er Up Friday"

I had my second "Finish er Up Friday" and oh my gosh it is feeling so good to get some of my old projects done! I have a mini-album to share with you, but first - my "Prompt A Day" art journal pages for Tuesday and Wednesday...




Okay, so now - this is a mini-album I started way back in 2007. My friend Christina and I took a class from Elsie Flannigan at Scrapfest, and it was tons of fun! It was made with her "Toby" line. I got the book about 3/4 done and then quit, until last night! Here it is all finished up...

It's a book about a trip to Europe I took with my parents back in 1972. (That's me at 12 - the shy-looking one with the long blonde hair, and that's my mom next to me)






Trafalgar square still ranks up there with the highlights of my life! I just loved all those pigeons!


I can't remember the name of those buildings in the picture above the word "brussels." Does anyone know?

There were something like 200 steps up to that monument on Lion Hill. It took forever to climb to the top. Just thinking about it now makes me want to start working out. LOL.

The woman in the red jacket was a street artist in Paris and I bought a painting from her that was similar to the one you can see in between our heads - of a little 70's style girl...

I hear the security at the Louvre has tightened in recent years - but back then we were allowed to take pictures of a lot of the art - not the Mona Lisa tho.

And that's the end! What a feeling of satisfaction to be able to take one more project off of my "to finish" pile, and put it up in the livingroom on display! Yeayyy!

Oh - just a reminder: You've still got a couple of days to play along with the "Fave Vacation" challenge at the TAAFOMFT blog! It's my last challenge as guest designer and it would be really fun to see you there!

So now I'm off to start preparing supplies for my monthly crop with the gals on Saturday. I think I will work on the embroidery hoop album I started in Elsie and Rachel's Autumn online class.

I hope you are having a wonderful week! I will be back tomorrow with another update - thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Marit said...

Aaaahhhh, the thoughts you get in the shower! I know, I know.... your minibook is fantastic, I didn't know you where "in the neighbourhood" once... I looked at all the photo's up close - love all of it! Yes, I know the marketplace/houses in Brussels but the precize name??? Peggy will know for sure! (PS How awesome to see my blinkie blink on your blog! Thanks!!!)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!!! those journal pages and that mini are just amazing!!!! if i remember correctly....I have seen those vacation photos before....a lo i'm sure :):):):):):):):):):):):)):):):):):):):)

Jeannie said...

Oh my gosh Michelle!! that is so funny! I have a picture JUST like the pidgeon one. (except instead of you in there, it's me. teehee!!)

The year after we went to paris we built notre dame as a gingerbread house! :)