Thursday, January 7, 2010

December 18th Journal Page and Exciting News!!!!!

I'm still catching up with my December Prompt-A-Day Pages. Did this yesterday with December 18th's prompt...


I have some super exciting news to share!!! Rachel Whetzel, author of the "A Year In The Life of an Art Journal" project, contacted me and asked if I would be interested in guest designing for this year's project!!!! I am thrilled and honored!!!! The theme this year is "Artful Amblings," and the format is going to be a little different - the changes are going to make it even more FUN!!! I will be guest hosting during July and December, but the first prompt will be going up on January 15th! We have a community forum this year, and the blog is already active with posts about the guest hosts. Come on over and check it out! I think it's going to be a lot of fun - and I hope you want to play along! You don't have to be an experienced art journaler - if you've never tried it but have wanted to - here's a great reason to start!

Hey, did you hear that Elizabeth Kartchner is teaming up with American Crafts to design a line of scrapbook products? It looks like it's going to be super cute! Check it out on the AC blog here, and Elizabeth's blog here.

That's all for today, but I will be back tomorrow with another update! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Kelly said...

Love your pages Michelle - and a massive congratulations!! xxx

diana albright said...

i seriously love your art journal stuff! congrats on the guest spot... i've started following the "year in the life" blog, though not sure i'll be able to participate. i'm sure it'll be full of all kinds of eye candy!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh michelle!!! i love love love love love the page and YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! TOTAL CONGRATS on the GDT spot!!! That is sooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ally said...

You are a perfect choice for this!

anne g-i said...

I agree - you're perfect for this! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see more of your creative, fabulous and funky work.

chris a said...

Congrats! congrats! I look forward to seeing your designs - I will start following Year in the Life and hopefully have time to join in. I too love the the Liz line from AC - fabric paper no less!

Denise said...

Awesome news! I might even be tempted to join (I'm getting a late start on EVERYTHING this year, LOL). Love the blue on your bug page. Have a great weekend!

milkcan said...

Super exciting news! (And I just loved those fabric flowers from the Dear Lizzy line)!

Stephanie Baxter said...

Wow, congrats! How fun!

amy said...

well deserved guest spot i say! i think your art journaling absolutely rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valerie said...

Love your page!! Love VW too!! Congrats too!!

lisa dickinson said...

congrats on the guest gig - no surprise, as your journal pages are AMAZING!!

lisa truesdell said...

how awesome is that! congrats! i love your journaling pages.

Mia C. said...

Congrats on the guest spot Michelle! Awesome page! Love all the colors & techniques on it!

Marit said...

I read it already on the "year in the life" blog... You are so perfect for this! Congrats girl! I'm planning to play along this year so you'll see me overthere soon! I love your art page!!!

MirjamC said...

thanks for your kind comment on my stm-lo:)
awesome page,love it!!! and congrats!!!

mandysea said...

ooooooh Congrats Michelle!!! That is soooo awesome and what a thrill!!

Love your pages too!!! Colour is fantastic!!!