Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Tony...

It was my awesome stepson Tony's 22nd birthday in December, and today we got together as a family to celebrate. Here's a pic of Tony with his grandma (Michael's mom Sue).
And here's a pic of the card I made for him. (made with the Studio Calico Orchestra kit)...

Michael made a fantastic triple-layer chocolate cake (yummmmmm), and we all got to sing happy birthday to Tony and wish him a wonderful year ahead!


Friday is going to be awesome because.....

A. The next Fave Things challenge goes up, and it will be my first official time as a design team member - yeayyyyyy! I finished my layout tonight and had so much fun with it! and also...

B. The 2010 "Year In The Life of an Art Journal" project officially starts! The theme this year is "Artful Amblings" and I can't wait to see what the first prompt is!!! I'm going to be using my Donna Downey Canvas Album and I'm excited to bust it out! If you haven't seen these, they are super cool. The cover is canvas and completely customizable...


and on the inside there are padded canvas pages...

and sheet protector pages...

and for mine, I added some chipboard pages...so now, I will have numerous options for each prompt, depending on what technique is being used! I'm so excited!!! I've decided I'm going to make this as inky and messy and experimental as humanly possible! It's going to be so fun - Yeayyyyy!

I've been discovering some more really cool art journaling blogs. I will share links soon. Right now tho, I must get some sleep!

Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends and I will see you tomorrow with another update. Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Marit said...

Aaahhh, twentytwo..... happy birthday Tony!!!

And I love your canvas album Michelle! The fact that you want to "get messy" makes me very curious... it will be gorgeous in the end!!! I'll stick to aquarelle paper myself for the Artful Amblings prompts... in fact, I'm gonna buy me the paper TODAY and bind a book from it to work in! YEAH!

Thinkie said...

great card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

happy birthday tony!!! loveeee the photo and the card....and michelle....tell your hubby...he's the bestest ever!!!! i soooooooooooooooooo appreciate the comment he left me!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Yay Happy Birthday to Tony!!

That album is perfect, love it!!Can't wait to see what you are going to make of it!!

mandysea said...

wow a happy birthday!!!

Love your canvas album and cant wait to see what you do with it!!!
SOOOO congrats on Fave Things!! You will be awesome addition to that fab team!! I love entering the challenges there!!

Oooh and love the card!