Monday, February 15, 2010

Updates All Around...

The second Artful Amblings prompt was hosted by the wonderful Glenda Tkalac, and the word she chose was "Hope." The technique she taught us was how to make your own stencils. Here's what I came up with...The sun stamp was a gift from my friend Linda Phinney and I just love it! I stamped it on the background with stazon ink, and then covered it up with a second stamped and cut image so I could mist the background and leave the sun part white. It's sort of a backwards stencil. The bird was an image I downloaded from karenswhimsy.com, and then made my own stencil with cardboard. I then traced the bird onto some fabric and cut him out. This whole process was a lot of fun!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration Glenda!!! If you want to get in on the Artful Amblings group (aka A Year In The Life of an Art Journal) - it's not too late! Click here to go to the blog and check it out! You can also click on the Red Widget in the sidebar to take you to the forums.

The new song at Scrapping The Music this week is "I Could Not Ask For More," by Sara Evans. It's a perfect song for Valentine's Day! Here's how my layout turned out...
I used my Studio Calico "Yearbook" kit, plus some acrylic paint for the title. The photo was taken on our wedding day, when we were all gathering at my condo before the ceremony. Come on over and play along! The prize is a gift certificate to scrapbook.com this week!

My scraproom organization project is moving forward in tiny increments - LOL. I bought some huge canning jars at the hardware store, which will be perfect for storing stuff in my cubes, but I haven't figured out what to put in them yet. It only took Johnny about 30 seconds to figure out that he fit perfectly in the box...
I know one of these days the mess is just going to drive me crazy and I'm going to have to tear into it and get it done. I will let you know when that happens. HA.

Oh, did you notice I updated my sidebar? I added my Fave Things Design Team Pals, some new inspiration blogs, and turned everything into the kind of list where you can tell when someone updates. I find that so helpful, don't you?

That's it for today - I'll be back tomorrow with another update - thanks so much for visiting!!!

7 comments:

Marit said...

Wowzah... those are two marvelous layouts!!!! I love the "sun" stamp and bird on the first one, and the second layout is just too cute. You both look so happy on that picture, the whole LO glows just by the way you two look! LOVE IT!!!

McMGrad89 said...

Don't you just love Karen's Whimsy!

I love how you used that stamp. Thanks for the tip about using the stamped image as a second mask.

It came out great.

anne g-i said...

Beautiful!!! Love the fabric bird - and your STM LO.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

your pages ALWAYS amaze me michelle!!! wow wow wow!!! and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that johnny found the box to play in!! lol lol lol!!!! love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bekka said...

Your work is always so inspiring! I'm always so happy when you post!

Also, my cat can't resist jumping into the laundry basket after it's been emptied. :)

katkni said...

That bird is beautiful. Is the fabric batik? LOL at cat in box.

Unknown said...

I love the quote in the art journaling page. I like the song page too. Who is doing that ? Can I still get in on it ?