Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Live With Prima Project...

Thanks so much for all of your comments on my last post about organizing projects! I love hearing the different ways people have of making time for creativity!

I finished my first of three layouts from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's latest "Live with Prima" class last night! I didn't have the kit, but I had a blast figuring out how to create the project with my own stash. Here's how it turned out...
Becca is my stepdaughter and it seemed perfect to use a photo of her for this very girly layout. In the class Julie used alcohol inks to dye some prima flowers. I didn't have any alcohol ink, so I used a combination of spray ink and copic marker to dye my flowers, and I love how they turned out! I also didn't have a Prima vine, so I cut one myself from a piece of brown felt. This was seriously so much fun! I love learning from others cuz it always broadens my creative horizons! I totally dig that painted circle, and I would have never thought to do that for a background on a layout before. Thanks so much for the inspiration Julie!

I can't wait to do the other two layouts from the class! Yeayyyy!

The new deadline for Scrapping The Music is Tuesdays at midnite, so if you want to play along with this week's challenge, you've still got a few hours! Check it out here! The new song will go up tomorrow evening.

Thanks for visiting and I will see you again soon!

4 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Just stunning!!! It just pops off the page! Fantastic job!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo, the painted circle and all those YUMMY flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

Gorgous! That red circle and the beautiful photo of your stephdaughter go so well together! Love how you find alternatives for the embellies!!!

EverydayMe said...

this is so fun... I just love all the flowers!!! wonderful! Hope you have a love lovely day!! {{hugs}} Michelle