Monday, May 17, 2010

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things - The Album....

I finished my Fave Things Album Cover - yeayyyy! It took me all weekend cuz I did it in stages, but it's finally finished and I'm so excited! I couldn't resist putting Julie Andrews on the front...
I used an American Crafts Modern Album (click here to see one unfinished.) The image of Julie is from a Sound of Music poster that was on the web. I printed it onto plain white cardstock and cut her out. The rest of the cover is done with acrylic paint and poster paint sharpies. The black and white striped trim is happy tape. Here's another view where you can see a little bit of the coordinating inside color...

The title on the spine is done with Sharpies. Hint - To make the color stand out against the black, I first wrote it with a white sharpie, then did a second coat with the blue.

Here's the back...

and the inside...

Now I have a home for all of my Fave Things layouts! Yeayyyy!!!

Here's wishing you an awesome Monday my friends! Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Marit said...

I just came across this on SC and had to hop over here 'cause I KNEW you would put it on your blog too (and I like reading your blog!) LOVE this Michelle! Such a happy album, and a great idea to put Julie Andrews on top!!! Gorgeous!!!

anne g-i said...

perfect!!!!! happy vibrant colors!

EverydayMe said...

ummmmmmmmm how perfect is that??? It is amazing!!! I love love love love it!!! Now I have to make one for all my favorite things... Thanks for the inspriation!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this Michelle!! OMYGOSH!! It is AMAZING!!! And to have Julie on the front?!!?!?!?!?! GENIUS!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Chris Dodaj said...

I love the colors and the album! So fun!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I love this Michelle!! The colors are fabulous:) This is so cool...TFS! Love, Jess

Kelly Noel said...

oh how fun!!!! it turned out great!

lisa truesdell said...

now that's a happy album. =)