Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Art Journal Update...

My art journal ponderings of earlier this month, brought me to the conclusion that I really only need two types of ongoing art journals: One for daily writing/documenting my life, and one for self-expression - painting, artistic experiments, etc.

This brought me to the realization that I had two different journals going at the same time for writing in. They were serving the same basic purpose, so I decided to combine them. Here's a peek into how it turned out...

The first one was started back in October of 2009. You can see it here. The cover was made from a record album. About halfway back, you can see where the pages from the second book start filtering in. Ha. I know it looks kinda funny, but that's part of the charm for me...

Here are a few pages from the beginning of the book, back in 2009...



It was fun to go back and see that I had saved this ad from the internet, wishing I could buy this car. I did end up buying it, so I added the YES to the bottom...


Here's where I started adding in the pages from the other journal. I just tore it apart, and taped the pages in where they would fit...

On this page you can see the patterned packing tape that is holding the page with the leaves onto the other journal...


Words of wisdom from Oprah - I just love her...




Here's where I was pondering the purpose of all my different journals...



On the left is the cover from a Cheap Joe's Art Supply catalog, and on the right is a greeting card that I just love...
So now, that writing journal is all finished! It's the most mixed up journal I've ever done, but I love it that way. :0) Tomorrow I will share the new one I am working in now.

I hope you are having a magical week! Thanks for visiting and I will see you again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooooooooo cool Michelle!!! I just love it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ruby said...

Wow, I just love your work! I have been lurking for a long time but wanted to let you know how much I love all your journals and how they have inspired me to perhaps start journaling! Thank you so so much for sharing!

Lena said...

I'm in ooooh and aaaah over your journals.... They look so awesome and fun, wish to hold them myself and take a closer look....