Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fave Scrappy Manufacturer Challenge plus More...

Hello my friends and happy Tuesday! The new challenge is up at the Fave Things blog and it's all about scrapping your favorite scrapbooking manufacturer! I had so much fun with this one. My three faves are Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras Lass and 7 Gypsies! Here are the things I love about each of these company's products:

Cosmo Cricket consistently has fun and funky designs with adorable critters in unusual color schemes that I would never think to put together myself. How can you not love a company that names one of their lines "Earth Love?" They never cease to make me smile!

Sassafras Lass also has adorable critters, and I LOVE the whimsical nature of their designs! They combine cute with vintage well and I love the extra added touch of their die-cut borders at the bottom of all of their papers!

7 Gypsies is a totally different style - a true gypsy sort of funkiness that makes me want to burn some incense, put on a hippie skirt and twirl around my scraproom to Stevie Nicks music. On top of that, I fell in love with their gaffer tapes, and now their paper tapes are even cooler (if that's possible).

Put the three of them together and for me it's pure magic. So, I challenged myself to do just that - make a layout with all three companies together. Here's how it turned out...
The only thing that isn't from Cosmo, Sass Lass or 7 Gypsies are the alpha stickers.

So, who is your fave scrappy manufacturer??? Come on over to Fave Things and show us with a layout!!! Click here to go to the challenge!

I also want to share with you a BEAUTIFUL piece of artwork that my friend Marit sent to me for my birthday (which was August 21st). I absolutely gasped when I opened it...

It's going straight up on my scraproom wall and will inspire me every day!!! Thank you soooo much Marit for this extra special gift!!!

Along with the artwork, Marit sent me this cool ephemera which will be perfect for journaling with - check it out...
It's all things that I've not seen here in the states - I absolutely LOVE the vintage look and those cute kitties and birds are especially WOW. Thanks soooo much Marit!!!


I finished up my little "Imagine" journal! It only took about two weeks! Here's a random sampling of the final pages...




The cover cardstock was designed by the talented Kerry Lynn Yeary...

and here's how it looks all full and closed up. There's something so satisfying about finishing a journal, isn't there?

So, now I'm on to filling my "Remains of the Day" journal. More on that later!

I wish you a fabulous day my friends, and I will be back soon with another update! Thanks so much for visiting!

7 comments:

milkcan said...

Oh wow! Your journal is too fantastic! Love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I soooooooooooooooooo love love love love that lo Michelle!!! And LOVING what Marit sent you... {{and kicking myself that I let your bday slip by...ugh...crazy month here... I am soooooooooooo sorry...I hope you had a FAB-O BIRTHDAY!!!}}.....and your JOURNAL is WOW AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that KL paper! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

Your journal is fabulous Michelle! LOVE all the journaling and colours - so much to see and it's so YOU!!! I'm glad you liked your b-day present, it was fun to look for things YOU would like to use in your work - I think I did right LOL!!! Have a great day dear!

Alison said...

I love your work so much colour and bits to look at

Miss Marple said...

Gosh...a journal in two weeks? I usually need two weeks + for one page!!! I simply adore the journal you made.
Regards from Germany - Irma

EverydayMe said...

wow wow wow... I love this Michelle... and what Marit sent you.... just lovely!!! hope your bday was a happy one!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh, wow! I just have always admired and oooed and aaaahed over your work, Michelle! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope it was a good! That was so generous of Marit. I know you'll treasure the art and do some fun things with the goodies! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. And thank you for inspiring me to make ART!