Saturday, August 21, 2010

Project 12 for July...

Thank you so much for all of the kind comments you have been leaving on my latest journaling posts! I really appreciate them!!!

Deb asked what kind of white pen I use. I actually have two favorites. For fine details, I love the White Uniball Signo pen. It has a crisp, opaque white color. It does run out of ink quickly tho, so buy two! For bolder writing (which is most of my writing), I love the Sharpie Poster Paint Pens. Both the fine and medium points are fabulous and last quite a while. Shake them up really really well each time you use them to keep the ink nice and opaque.

If any of you are working on journals, I'd love it if you link me up in the comments. It would be fun to see what you are up to!

So, now, on to today's stuff...

It's time for the July Project 12 layout and calendar page and once again, I had a blast making these!

Here's the sketch created by Becky Fleck...


and here's what I came up with (click on the pic to see details)...
The photos focus on Mom's visit and Stan's birthday - two awesome things about July! I used my Noel Mignon "Sonoma County" kit this time. I just love the colors of this kit! I added some things from my stash too, like the little owls and the turquoise cardstock. The tree is hand-drawn and cut.


Then there's the calendar page, which I just finished tonight. Here's how that turned out...
One thing I love about the calendar pages is that it gives me a chance to use up some of my embellishments that are hanging around. You know, the ones you love, but just haven't found a use for? They go great in these little squares!

So now, it's 5:00 am. My most fun time to create is late at night, so nights like tonight are my favorite kind! I suppose I should clean up the scraproom and think about going to bed, but I hope to see the sunrise first!

I wish you a wonderful, inspiring, creative weekend my friends!!! Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee both of these Michelle! I love love love the papers you used!! WOW!!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Alison said...

Love your layout and your calendar page. Like you say it would be a good way to use up embellishments that you like but never get around to using.

Marit said...

It is such a happy photo of you and your mom! Love to see it on the layout!!! The calendar page is awesome too... and thanks for the link to the sharpies - I have to find out if they ship overseas 'cause I can't seem to find sharpies in Holland anywhere...

Lena said...

Love your latest work, especially the calendar page!! LOVE that idea and maybe I'm gonne "steel" it for 2011...

Sasha Farina said...

you're so good with keeping up!! doing great so far!! congrats girl!

Anonymous said...

Raven?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WC9LvKlhFE

Amy said...

Super cute layouts.. Love the 2 page layout with the tree. Your calendar pages rock... Great inspiration...Big hugs,Amy

Deana said...

Congrats on teaching that class, Michelle, you are PERFECT for that! I adore your scrapping style & you always inspire!

Love, love, love that 2-pager & your calendar page. Some serious cuteness there!

Hope you have a great week! :-)

EverydayMe said...

love love love these.... and teh calendar... is just the bomb... you so inspire me!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle