Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Umm, Yeah...

So, I'm at a meeting today with my brand new handmade planner. The subject comes up that we should schedule our next meeting, so I whip out my calendar and proceed to insist that the date in question is a Wednesday, not a Tuesday. Funny, but everyone else's calendar says it is a Tuesday. Guess what? Yep, my WHOLE 2011 calendar is WRONG!!! LOL. Ummm, yeah - note to self - If you are going to make your own day planner, double check ALL the dates before you print it out. Okey dokey. I can fix it by correcting the dates in my word processing program, reprinting all the pages with the correct dates and gluing them on but - yeah, I learned my lesson.

Okay, on to other news...

It's movie week again at Scrapping The Music, and this week we are paying tribute to one of my fave movies of all time: "Garden State." It's one of those movies that has an understated quirkiness about it, but at the same time has an awesome message too. I highly recommend renting it if you haven't seen it. The soundtrack song that we are featuring is "Let Go," by Frou Frou. Here's what I came up with...


I used my Studio Calico Partly Sunny kit for this one. The photo was taken on a trip to Salt Lake City that I took for a Stampin Up Convention back in 2005 when I was a demonstrator. The mountains outside the city were soooooo beautiful!

Come on over to Scrapping The Music and play along! It's an inspiring song and I'd love to see what you come up with! Click here to go to the challenge.

I'm still struggling with the whole art journal organization process. Not sure I'm happy with the junk journal that I started. Still trying to figure out where to record my daily happenings. More on that to come...

Thanks so much for visiting and I will see you again tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Marit said...

Ooh Michelle... that's too funny. Sorry you have to print the dates again but I DID laugh... forgive me... (and you only make this mistake once... I'm sure!) Your STM layout is beautiful again!

yyam said...

I love your layout...especially the large photo! I haven't seen the movie though...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehehe....I have done that before with the dates being wrong in a calendar!! Bummer for you!!! I love love love that lo!! Seriously...when I saw it last night on STM ... it literally TOOK MY BREATH away!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SLC's mountains..I have been there once for a family occasion...and would go back in a heartbeat!! JUST AMAZING Michelle! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

I've done that, too. Did you check to see if the dates match next year's calendar? If so you could avoid changing this one and use it for next year and then make a new one for this year. Just a thought.