Thursday, September 23, 2010

Scrapfest Day One...

Scrapfest started for me when I met up with my friends Christina, Anne and Lynn at the Mall of America in Bloomington last Friday morning. From there, we started our quest for three days of Scrapping Bliss!

My first class was at noon: GCD Studios "Breathe In Life" mini album, which was taught by the super nice Melody Ross... We learned how to use Melody's chipboard hammering tool to create an embossed look on the front cover of our albums. I didn't get very far on my album in the 45 minutes of the class, but it will be a fun project to finish up at home. Here's what I got to take home...
I think I am going to make it into an album of painted journal pages - perhaps with poetry or something?


Next came the 7 gypsies Amazing Artist Trading Cards class. This turned out to be one of my favorite projects of the weekend! I bought a printer's tray to display my cards in, and here's how it turned out...
I revised the card designs just a tiny bit so I could include my family photos.

We even had a little bit of leftover tidbits to take home...

Between classes I had a chance to vote for my favorite in the Wall Art contest. Each entry was GORGEOUS - here's just one example. I just LOVE all the details!...

Next was my last class of the day: Tattered Angels' "The Power of Glimmer" Mini Album class, which was taught by Heidi Swapp! Here's the class kit we got...

and a pic of Heidi who was just as sweet as can be...

I only got three of my pages done, but I learned a lot! It was so fun misting these pages and seeing the resist designs pop out...

After getting checked into our hotel room we had a little dinner, and we were off to the Cosmo Cricket Crop Around Town! Julie and Lindsay of Cosmo Cricket led the crop and they were so much fun! We got a kit to complete two layouts and three cards, there were prizes, and everyone got to take home one of these beauties!...

Here we all are at the Crop. From left to right it's Christina, me, Anne and Lynn. I'm so lucky to have these wonderful women in my life!

Here's me goofing around with Cosmo intern Laura, who was soooo sweet and fun!
The crop ended at 12:30 am and we headed to the hotel for a good night's sleep. What a fabulous day it was!

Next time I will tell you all about day two of Scrapfest! Thanks so much for visiting!

7 comments:

Marit said...

I wish I could have come... the workshops you took sound awesome! And wow, great goodies. LOVE all the ATC's! I'm curious to hear about the rest of the days!!!

McMGrad89 said...

Very exciting indeed. I love the printer's tray with the ATCs. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HOW FUN!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee everything you created!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):)

anne g-i said...

the photos turned out great!!!!!! plan on stealing them, hope you don't mind! love that 7 gypsies ATC project and how it looks in the frame!

Kelly said...

It looks like you had an amazing time !!

EverydayMe said...

someday... i will be there... someday!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Patricia Roebuck said...

ooooo, I'm so jealous. Your Scrapfest looks way funner than ours down here! You got some really cool and fun classes to take! Wish I were there with you!!! I love what you've completed so far too in that short time!