Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fave Quote and More...

There are a number of projects that I meant to share with you in January, and didn't get to. So, even if it's a bit late, I still want to share them with you now. :0)

The first one is my layout for the Fave Quote challenge over at the Fave Things blog. The challenge closed at the end of January, but here is what I came up with...
I had so much fun making this layout. I used some papers from the "Emotions" line, which was designed by my friend Nat Kalbach. Her papers are absolutely gorgeous and so much fun to work with! You can check out the whole line here. I also used dictionary paper, acrylic and watercolor paints, and some miscellaneous background paper scraps.

The current challenge at Fave Things is to scrap your favorite game. Check it out here.

I've been doing a lot of online research about the grief process. Especially about how to use your creativity to help you through it. I've been listening to this, which has been helpful. It doesn't talk about creativity directly, but it does talk about doing the things you love and it helped me to hear that. Some of you have been sharing things that you have done in the past to help you through grief in your life, and I really appreciate that too - thanks so much!

Speaking of doing things that you love - Noel Mignon's Online Valentine's Crop starts tomorrow! I didn't think I would be up to participating, but now I'm thinking it might be good for me! It sounds like so much fun! The crop goes all week, with projects and challenges and games. Come on over and play along!

Thanks so much for visiting, for your comments and for your support. It really means a lot to me!

6 comments:

gleestormont said...

Michelle, haven't checked in in a while. Stunned about your mom. I am soooo sorry. Bigg bigg hugs to you all. God bless.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hi love... hope you are doing better... been thinking of you daily... I love love love your page! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):)

Alison said...

I love your style and this layout.

Jenneke said...

Gorgeous page, Michelle!!
Such happy and bright colors!!

Wishing you lots of strength to deal with your grief.

XXXJenneke

Marit said...

Participating in a crop could indeed set your mind on other things for a while... maybe it's too much to wish you 'fun', but 'have some relaxed times'. Thinking of you dear, hang in there!

Daniella said...

Hi Michelle!!
So, so, sorry for missing the workshop with marit! I downloaded the lessons, and I plan to finish!! But, while I had to go missing for a while, I still missed blogging and creating. So, I now have a new blog! And I am trying to get into this whole routine again!! SO, here I am!!

I am terribly sorry for your loss, and it isn't easy when you lose a parent. You are doing great, and just keep doing whatever you are doing. It works for you.

IF you feel like visiting me at my new blog, it's
www.daniellahayes.blogspot.com

Just a heads up! I'll be thinkng of you!!

xxD