Friday, July 22, 2011

Journaling Your Dreams...

One of my favorite things to journal about is my night-time dreams. I find them so fascinating, don't you? Images and storylines that run like movies while we are asleep. When you think about it, it's pretty amazing. Here's a journal page I made last night about a dream I had...

I got the image of Neil Young on the internet, and the sunset is a vintage Minnesota postcard. The words are the lyrics to a Neil song. The journaling is on the back of the postcard. You can read it if you click on the next image...


I hid some more lyrics from the song under the postcard.

I've been combing the internet for vintage wallpaper to use in my journaling. I was especially looking for retro styles from the 60's and 70's. I found the coolest etsy store ever and I want to share it with you! It's called Colleenabean, and she specializes in 70's vintage wallpaper! I found her prices to be ultra-affordable compared to others I've seen, and she has so many beautiful, colorful styles - I was just giddy!!! Just what I was looking for! I went a little crazy with my purchase (I was so excited); and I couldn't believe how fast my order came. The wallpaper is in fantastic condition, and it came in a really sturdy mailing tube, which I plan to use for storage. I will share a pic of my purchase soon. Click here to go to Colleen's store.

Got any fun plans for the weekend? I'm going to be on a journaling retreat, right here in my scraproom!

I will leave you with a video of good ol' Neil singing the song from my dream. Check it out:


7 comments:

laurie said...

i just love that song! i have the strangest dreams - my husband is always amazed when i recall them in the morning. i dare not interpret them...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Funny... I am mentioning on my blog tomorrow that I NEVER remember my dreams! lol! i loveeeeeeeeee this... loving how you did the title! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Charmingdesigns said...

I've been enjoying your blog. thanks for commenting on what to do with my book.

McMGrad89 said...

Aww. you must have been dreaming about me and my friend. We spent all Tuesday clearing out closets and rooms for my mother's move to her new place. It was 37 years of stuff. it was hard to do, but necessary. Now if you could dream about my furniture magically making it to Missouri, that would be great!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Oh wow that's a wild coincidence! Good luck with your move!

Nancy said...

Your pages and journals are wonderful! I esp. love the Inspiration Journal. You have been busy indeed with the FTB class... 7 journals, wow. I enjoyed your blog. Thanks for visiting mine.

Barbara Hagerty said...

Your journal pages are fabulous, and I love Neil Young! Thanks so much for the link to Colleen's Etsy! You're right! She has a great collection of wallpaper, and it's affordable!