Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Wonky Mandala



I finished the insert for my record sleeve art journal page. Remember this?


It was a day when I really needed something meditative to do, so I made the insert into a mandala. Here's how it turned out...



Here's a detail shot...
I used my Pitt Manga Marker set (LOVE THESE), plus a variety of colored brush markers. Michael saw it and right away was like "here, let me trim that up for you - it's a little off-kilter" HA. I'm like "NO ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WONKY!" He grinned. He knew it was supposed to be wonky. He just likes to tease me. This is our usual banter - he keeps me laughing!

I also finished binding my final Full-Tilt Boogie journal last night - the grand finale is done! Yeayyy! I will share some photos soon!

I wish you a wonderfully creative weekend my friends!

8 comments:

Marit said...

Wow, wow, wow... love your wonky mandala, and what a great idea to put it in the record sleeve... I might steal this idea for my own record album... (have you seen it on my blog? A photo of the basis is here and a pic of the first 'done' page is here ) And your Michael is a humorous guy for sure! Say hi to him and enjoy your weekend!

Scatter said...

Girl, you always make me smile!! Love this! Wonk and all.

McMGrad89 said...

Thanks for the headsup on the manga pens. Will be getting some for my daughter.

I love the mandala.

Nelda said...

This is so cool. It makes me think of the record that would normally be inside the sleeve. Thanks for the tip about the Manga markers. I will try them out.

Anonymous said...

Came visiting from the FTB yahoo group. This is amazing! The repetition and pattern and color combo...what a beauty! Your passion for your art is very inspiring!

Sandy said...

This is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the last one. I've never even started on my first. I'm so behind.

milkcan said...

You are seriously the art journaling queen! Love the mandala! Love, love, love!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow that is fantastic! Lovely work! Kim