Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Art Journal Progression...

I was inspired by this post by Nathalie Nayer over at Julie Balzer's blog; so I thought I'd try the technique with the masking fluid. I had some Maya Resist (which is basically masking fluid) on hand, so I used that. If you're not familiar with masking fluid, it's this stuff that comes out in liquid form, then dries to a rubber-like substance, which you can peel off. It's pretty cool. I glue-sticked (not a word, I know) a piece of paper from a 1902 Choir Club Notebook down first, then used the Maya Resist over the top, then covered it with acrylic paint and gesso. I Here's how it looked before I peeled the Maya Resist off:


And here it is after I rubbed the masking fluid off...


The next day I added some blue and red paint, scrapbook papers stamped with one of my new favorite stamps from Studio Calico, and a leftover photo from a different project. The journaling was done with a pink sharpie poster paint pen...

On the 5th, I added some Kaisercraft Rub Ons and a little piece of striped tape...
and on the 6th, I finished it up with some October Afternoon snowflake rub ons and the final bits of journaling. Do you see something funny about this finished spread?
Ummm, yeah.... I journaled for December 5th TWICE. LOL. I journaled on the 5th, and then on the morning of the sixth, I thought - oh I forgot to journal yesterday, better do it now. Nice memory Michelle. And the funny thing is - I wrote almost the exact same sentences. HA.

Anyways, another page done, and on to the next tomorrow! Thanks so much for visiting!!!

8 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

The page turned out fabulous...on my list of techniques to try ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so loving this style of journaling ... I am going to do this after December Daily (I can only do one thing at a time!) And that stamp? I. MUST. HAVE. Oh, so pretty!

Diane said...

Absolutely love this page. The resist is superb.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!! That is FUNNY that you did the 5th twice!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how this turned out!! LOVING the colors and that technique is cool!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

Well, it's obvious now that you are double so happy with receiving the journal ;);) Great page Michelle! You make me feel like art journaling again (haven't done anything creative whole week - too busy with the magazine and all - and oh how I miss it!)

dawn said...

love the colors and the stamp you used. so funny about the 5th on there twice, it happens so you just keep rolling with it.

Did you order PL yesterday??? I was soooo excited that their IN THE HOUSE!! I got both core kits and one album for now and will get more later after the holidays.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Seriously, if you hadn't said, I would have never known. Love the way you used that stamp, which is also my favorite ;) And I love the way you used the resist...very cool technique. Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

I was inspired to try this when I saw it on Julie's blog too. Now you have inspired me again! In fact, I'm going to save this post and follow each of your daily steps.
Your page looks great!
Erin