Monday, December 26, 2011

The Top 2000 Songs of All Time - Day Two!

The song I chose for today is #1651 "Refugee" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!

Here's how my layout/poster turned out...
"Refugee" was released in 1979 - I was 19, and Tom Petty was my rock god! I just loved the rebellious sound of his songs. The photobooth pics of Tom were an insert in his first album (that I still have). I think of this song and I think of the color red, cuz the album (Damn The Torpedoes) had a red cover. Just hearing it brings back so many good memories of those days! Isn't it amazing how music is so strongly connected to our memories? I will never stop being fascinated by that.


Here's Tom, doing "Refugee" live in 1979...


To see everyone's song picks and artwork for day two click here!

See you again tomorrow for day three of the top 2000!

P.S. for more info and/or to play along - click on the badge at the top of my sidebar!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this Michelle!! LOVING the colors and how you added the photo strips of Tom!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love this piece Michelle and love the song...lots of memories!

phinner said...

is that your handprint?!

this piece (b/c of the red and the photo booth strips) and the Eagles (I love the combo of the b&w and yellow/green bkgnd) are my favorites!

did you create the background papers or start with printed paper???

a great body of work Michelle! I don't think I told you how cute your hair cut is, either! darling darling! : .)

Happy New Year, Michelle! that's worth saying again, if I already did! LOL!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Phin - thanks for the questions! Yes, that is my handprint behind the photobooth strips. The background on my Refugee page is handpainted. I started with a piece of red patterned paper, and then painted different colors of red over the top of it. Then did the handprint and splatters with gesso; and then stamped and shadowed the title letters with paint.

The eagles one was the easiest one of all! The background is patterned paper (Sass Lass) from the Sunshine Broadcast Line. I just cut out the photo and put it on top.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I really appreciate all of your comments!!!