Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two New Scrapping The Music Layouts...

The new challenges are up at Scrapping The Music!  I had so much fun with these challenges!

The song this week is "Golden Years" by David Bowie.  Here's what I did...

Michael and I were on a getaway weekend and saw this group of adventurous souls just off the coast of Lake Superior. It was such a cool scene, I had to take some pics, and this song gave me the perfect excuse to scrap them! I used Amy Tangerine paper for the background, and cut the clouds out of another sheet of the same paper to pop-dot up for a 3D effect.  The title is handdrawn/cut.


The second prompt is to scrap about a movie where the music moved you.  I of course, had to choose Harold and Maude...
My favorite movie of all time is Harold and Maude, and one of the things I love about the movie is the musical score, which is all by Cat Stevens.  This layout is inspired by one of the songs called "If you Want to Sing Out, Sing Out."

The layout itself is a recreation of the final scene of the movie. I substituted patterned paper for the rolling hills.

Come on over to Scrapping The Music and play along with us!  We'd love to have you!

I'll be back tomorrow with a Project Life Update.  Thanks so much for visiting and see you soon!

7 comments:

Dara Lynn said...

I so love your style!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these Michelle!! Look at all those GORGEOUS clouds!!!!!!!!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great LOs! Love Cat Stevens... will have to check out H&M!

Marit said...

Oh my goodness... your Harold and Maude layout is fabulous!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Ok Michelle, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE both of these layouts! The first one is so much fun! I especially love the clouds and lyric you chose to scrap about those amazing photos! And the second one (thanks for scrapping my prompt!!) is awesome. Can you believe that I have never seen Harold and Maude??? Now I have to!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

This blows me away! Those clouds really look 3D. Those colors and those photos, sooo loving it! And the Harold and Maude (ok, I need to get out more, have never seen!) those hills?!! Your work really just stands out so much...love your attention to details and how you think outside the box!

dawn said...

Great pages, love love that you always use clouds and make them whatever color you want. Pretty paper for your rolling hills, looks great. HAPPY LAYOUTS AS ALWAYS, THANKS FOR INSPRIING ME!!