Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cool Challenge Blog Discovery....

Hey everyone!  I experienced a delightful bit of synchronicity this week.  Don't you just love when things happen right when you need them to?  This was just a little thing, but still - it was fun!

I like to give handmade greeting cards, and I am all out right now; so I put "make 5 greeting cards per month" on my list of to-do's.  The next day, just like magic - I happened upon the "Mojo Monday" challenge blog!  Mojo Monday is a sketch blog specifically for making cards!  How great is that?!!!  I was so excited about it that I made a card from the sketch they had up, even tho I missed the deadline to enter it into their contest.  Here's the sketch, and here's how my card turned out:

 It's 6"x6," and made from bits and pieces from my stash.  I especially loved using some old thrift shop plaid material for the ribbon.

 I think I am going to try to make it a weekly challenge for myself - to play along with Mojo Monday!

Here's my take on their current challenge...
This one was done with a combo of my "Homespun" and "Summer Wind" kits from Noel Mignon.  My fave part was misting the canvas button (on top) with Cherry Maya mist.  It was originally just a plain canvas color. 

Do you make greeting cards?  If so, where do you find your inspiration?  I'd love to know.

I will be back tomorrow with an art journal update.  Thanks so much for visiting!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both beautiful Michelle!! LOVING the colors and all the papers you used!!!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

BEAUTIFULL!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

dawn said...

Great job on these, colorful and happy!!
I am not much of a card maker, they kinda scare me. I think it's because you have to decorate the front then the inside and the small size is hard to work with.
So I did something crazy, signed up for a CARD A DAY thru June. Found it thru another blog and I've been using my PL journal cards for these. Just keeping it simple and fun, NO STRESS!! I'm not sure what the exact link is so will look it up and email it to you.
Thanks for the comment, was so happy to have some color in my PL pages.