Sunday, July 15, 2012

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...

Sharon is hosting over at Scrapping The Music this time around, and she's got two AWESOME challenges for you!  The song is Somewhere Over the Rainbow -- the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version!  It's beautiful, and so are the design team creations for it!


I was inspired to do an art journal page...
 The photo was already part of the magazine page, and it made me think of this song!  So I gessoed around it, and then used my neocolor II crayons to make the rainbow.  The clouds were stamped on tissue paper and cutout.  Glue stick works great for adhering tissue paper to just about anything. The title was done with india ink and a fine paintbrush.


 The prompt this time is to scrap a song that you remember your mother singing to you.  Here's what I did...
I actually had the old sheet music, which was so much fun to use. (I scanned it into my computer first, so I would still have the image).  I'm not sure, but I think this might be the first layout I've made about my mom since her passing.  It felt good to do it, and relive those memories.  Miss you mom.


Come on over to Scrapping The Music and play along with us!  We'd love to have you!!!  Click here to go to the challenge and check out the video and the other design team members layouts!


Thanks for visiting and I will be back tomorrow with another update!  Take care and have a wonderful Sunday my friends!

8 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Michelle! Thank you so much for scrapping this week!!! I am LOVING both of your creations so much. Your "Over the Rainbow" journal page is just fantastic and creative, and your page about your mom - well it brought tears to my eyes!!! I love it - what a wonderful memory!!!!! Thanks again!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love both of these Michelle! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that rainbow page!! WOW!!!! And loving the one of your Mom!! She was so beautiful and loving how you added the music paper!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Michelle, that rainbow page is a,axing. It looks so cool looking. And you cut out tissue paper? You have a lot of patience. Good to know glue stick will work. I just love your writing. Beautiful!

And that page of your Mom is so sweet and special. That prompt was meant for you. It is a good feeling to scrap although filled with lots of emotions. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love your rainbow page. That is a special song for me, and you did it beautifully! I enjoyed reading about your mom -- that is very touching. Thanks for sharing the techniques you used as well. I love that your style is so "YOU."

Trece said...

I just discovered that version of the song; it enchants me!! Love your pages. The tribute to you mom is sweet.

dawn said...

Michelle, these are both awesome pages. The one of your mom is so sweet, she's so pretty. Good for you doing this and that you used the music sheet for it also. Of course the rainbow and clouds are amazing, your writing beautiful!!

So happy you share your ART with us, just makes me so happy.
Hope your weekend is good!

phinner said...

to Moms...

gorgeous Michelle! I love your script too!

laury55 said...

so clever to reuse this magazine page ...both pages are wonderful