Thursday, August 16, 2012

Scrapping The Music Layouts x6...

Today was the start of the second half of our anniversary month over at Scrapping The Music!  We revealed who chose which song, and made the corresponding layout. I chose one of my faves by Keith Urban...

Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me by Keith Urban...


and here's the art journal page I did that was inspired by the song...
I totally love the picture of that little dog that I saw in a magazine.  Doesn't he just look like he would be thinking those words?  So sweet!  It's a pretty straight forward page - acrylic paint over a collage of different types of papers; lightly outlined the sun rays, drew in the clouds and added the title.


And now that the designers have been revealed, the design team had a chance to create layouts for one or more of the other songs if they wanted to!  I was super inspired by everyone's choices, and  love how they reflect the designer's personality!  I decided to create something for each song.  Here's how they turned out...

Bina's Choice was "Summer Paradise" by Simple Plan, featuring Sean Paul...
 I chose a twist on the lyric "I'll be there in a heartbeat."  The journaling reads:  When we visited the Rocky Mountains we fell in love.  We started our plan to go back, before we even left.  Can't wait to be there again this year."  I remember standing in the spot where I took that photo, thinking "I could definitely live here..."

Frauke's Choice was "I Have a Dream" by Abba.
I did this art journal page in honor of my mom; who I really feel is watching over me now.  It's a crayon resist with pink and orange watercolor.  Then I masked the angel wing off and saturated the page with tons of spray ink.  Love you mom.

Linda's Choice was "Sound of Winter" by Bush...
 I chose the lyric "You've got to hang on to yourself."  It made me think about when I was going through hard times (during my divorce).  The image represents my old life going up in flames, and my new life emerging as the raven.  I got to use my new Tim Holtz border stamp at the top!

Patricia's choice was the super fun "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye...
 I love the line in this song where he goes "have your friends collect your records and then change your number..."  I don't know if they still do this kind of thing (with today's CDs and itunes), but it made me think about the old days, when the sure sign that you were breaking up with someone was taking your records back. Ha.  That in turn, made me think about my own record collection, and my attachment to it...

 Last but not least, Sharon's choice was "Surfin Usa" by the Beach Boys...
I'm not a surfer (LOL I can't even imagine), but I do have lots of pics of Californ-i-a!  I decided to scrap one of my faves from Michael and my honeymoon in 2007.

I encourage you to head on over to the Scrapping The Music site and check out the other design team members layouts for all of the songs!  It's inspiration overload - a total of 25 layouts in one post!!!  And EVEN MORE FUN would be if you play along with us and create something for one or more of the songs!  There is a separate prize drawing for EACH song that you play along with!  The deadline for submissions is August 27th at midnite!  Check it out here!

Thanks so much for visiting!!!

6 comments:

phinner said...

what an incredible body of work! not sure which one is my fav...I think...the sound of winter for the depth and the symbolism.

amazing colors!

love!

dawn said...

WOW, Michelle these are all amazing and fun. I like how each one is so different and tells it's own story. The one of your mom is my favorite but LOVE LOVE them all. Great job on finding the pictures to go with each one.

So glad your having fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You.are.amazing.

Serious AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee them all!! Loving the photo of the Rocky Mountains page!!! GORGEOUS!!!! And love love love what you said about taking your records back! LOL!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love them all, Michelle! Your work is just amazing!!! Yay to you for competing all 6, too!! I think my fav is the one wiith all of your albums! I wish I had kept
mine!! Thanks for all you do !

Patricia Roebuck said...

Goodness! You have been busy creating! Loved reading about each of these and seeing all the different ways you created. Amazing, Michelle!

Lynn said...

Hey, Michelle. Your 'I believe in angels' page is absolutively beautiful. Love everything you do!