Saturday, August 25, 2012

She Had Three Hearts...

I'm having so much fun in the "She Had Three Hearts" workshop!  And I just found out, Christy has extended the access to the class from 3 months to one year!  Yeayyy!  That is so awesome! 

The basic concept behind the class is that every woman has three hearts -- one she shares with the world, one she shares with her family and friends, and one she keeps to herself.  I decided to dedicate one of my handmade journals to this subject.  This is the one I'm using...


 and here's the first completed page...
My love of color is something that I share with the whole world.  I think pretty much every one who knows me knows about my passion for bright colors. When I was part of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's stencil hop, she referred to me as a "color enthusiast." Thank you Julie!  I just LOVED that!  In fact, I sorta wish I could put that after my signature on all documents "Michelle L Rydell, Color Enthusiast."  HA.  That would be awesome!

Page includes:  a kraft paper base, with gesso, neocolor II crayons, white and black doodling pens, Balzer designs Fragmented Flower stencil (6x6), washi and fabric tapes, Melody Ross' Unity Stamp, vintage packaging, miscellaneous papers from my stash, alpha stickers, and my own handmade heart stamp. The doodled paper lanterns in the upper left corner are inspired by someone that I saw on pinterest, I think?  I'm sorry I can't remember who.


 Also, Dawn had asked to see a photo of my Scrapfest Smash Book from the side.  It's really not as thick as you might think!  There are lots of pages, but not alot of thick embellishments (except for the Island of Misfits - ha). Here it is just for you Dawn...

To see the rest of the book, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  Take care and I will see you again tomorrow!

3 comments:

dawn said...

HI Michelle!
Thanks so much for the look at your SMASH album, it isn't so thick like I thought. Seems the right size, not to bulky, I LOVE THIS ALBUM BY THE WAY!!

HOORAY FOR A NEW JOURNAL BY YOU AGAIN, LOVE THAT YOU DO THIS!!

I have 2 questions, how do you pick out your album ahead when you don't know how many pages are needed. Esp. for a class what if you do TONS of pages will you do a second book??

Q#2 How long did it take you to do this page? Did you do it all in one sitting? Drying time?

This would be great info to include not just now but in YOUR NEW CLASS!!

OK, now on to this AMAZING AND CREATIVE AND FUN AND YES COLOR COLOR COLOR PAGE!! My favorite thing about your art is the COLOR, from day one it stands out to me!! I can see your bubbly and happy attitude just spill out onto your pages. I love what Julie said and agree 100% with her.
LOVE LOVE THE HEART STAMPS, they look great! I can't wait to see the rest of your pages when you create them and THE COVER!!
Enjoy the class and thanks for always sharing with us.

Marit said...

I love your three hears album, the colourful and bright spine is so you! I like that you always have a happy touch to your journals/journaling!

Marjie Kemper said...

Color Enthusiast is a fantastic title! Love what you did with the fragmented flower stencil.... that's so flipping creative!