Monday, October 8, 2012

I Walk At Night journal...

This book was for sale in the used section of my local library... 


When I saw the title and the beautiful cat on the cover, I knew it would be perfect for a journal!  I actually bound the journal quite awhile ago, and did some pre-painting and collaging of the pages; but just started using it on October 1st.

Here are my first few completed pages...

I'm just using this journal as a diary-style writing, and collage playground.  It's very relaxing.  I also have just a plain writing journal, so I plan to go back and forth between them, depending on my mood.  It's good to have options, don't you think?  The cow and butterfly you see on the page above are two of my favorite stamps to use right now.  I am putting them on everything!  The butterfly is designed by Christy Tomlinson, and sold by Unity here; and the cow is a Studio Calico stamp that I had to search forever to find.  I finally found one on the Two Peas "For Sale or Trade" board.  Thanks to Rosalie for selling it to me!  I just love cows, and it's hard to find a good cow stamp, ya know?

I hope you are doing well and I wish you an awesome week!  I have one more post scheduled for Thursday, so come on back then!

Thanks so much for visiting!



4 comments:

dawn said...

Hi Michelle, how creative and cute this journal is. I love all the fun you've had in it already. The cow is so cute, never thought of a cow stamp before, glad you found one. Your writing is sooooo cool!!

Did you take the pages out of this book or painting over them?

Thanks for sharing and see you on Thursday!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful Michelle!! I love love love that cover, and loving the way you journaled on the second page!!!!!

laurie said...

you are such an inspiration, the way you seem to get so much beautiful work created! i never feel like i have the time but i know i just need to manage my time better - easier said than done! thanks for sharing these colorful pages.

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is so cool looking! And amazing that you picked up that book to use.