Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ideas (Book of Days for 11/1/12)...

My journal page for November 1st started out looking like this...

I added some spray mist through Julie Balzer's Pomegranate stencil...

then closed the left side page over the stencil and rubbed.  It gave me a nice reverse stencil effect...

I took some leftover strips of scrapbook paper, and placed them randomly on the page; then sprayed more mist

Moved the strips of paper to different spots and sprayed again, only this time with blue...

I knew I wanted to do lots of writing that day, so I rubbed some cream colored paint around the middle of the spread...

And here's the finished spread.  I ended up putting blue paint over the cream, but left a border to show the stenciling effect...

I love the idea of not being afraid to cover things up.  Using layers is really giving me a sense of freedom and I love that.

So, are any of you doing a December Daily this year?  I'm thinking of doing a January daily instead, but I'm not sure. I purchased Cocoa Daisy's December Daily Art Journaling kit.  It was designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, so of course it's totally awesome! It comes with a free class by Julie which is also totally awesome (of course - ha).  One thing I really like about it is that it isn't Christmasy, so it would lend itself well for using during any month. Check it out here for more info.

7 comments:

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW!! I am sooooo loving these BOD pages, so excited to see this in my email each morning.

I LOVE LOVE THE LAYERS!!! This is one of my weakness, afraid to cover anything up and mess it up. Yours is gorgeous and fun though. I just need to be more brave and JUST DO IT!!
That stencil has always been my favorite of Julie's, hope to get it one day!! I love the different spraying you did with it and the colors, AWESOME!!
I reallllllly wanted that journal and get the videos with it, too much money for me at the moment though. It would be so much fun to put together and see Julie sharing her magic on videos!! ENJOY IT!! SHARE IT WITH US WHEN YOUR DONE!
I am hoping to do a DD this year, maybe in my PL or an art journal for it, still thinking.
Thanks Michelle for ALWAYS inspiring and making art so FUN for me!!
Sorry I wrote so much but I'm super excited about your BOD!!!

dawn said...

I forgot to say THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing the process again, I appreciate it so much!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and loving those masks!!!

Dara Lynn said...

I NEVER grow tired of seeing your process! Your talent always speaks to me in that " I can do that too"...which is perfect for this novice! :

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous! Love the layers... gorgeous!

Marit said...

I bought the exact same stencil last week and I love it! The reverse-page is a perfect idea - gotta try that in my journal too! I never did a 'DD' 'cause I already have my Chronicles and it seemed too much to do another 'daily' with that. Instead, I'm looking forward to the top 2000 (that's a 'week daily' - hehe)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks for your kind words everyone! Dara Lynn that is just about the best compliment ever - You Can do it!!!