Friday, March 22, 2013

Life Book with Mindy Lacefield...

We are still celebrating "Connections" in the Life Book workshop, and this week we focused on friendship.  Our guest instructor was Mindy Lacefield; whose work I've been a fan of for a long time!  It was so much fun to learn from her creative process!  Here's how my page turned out...

I think the biggest thing I learned from Mindy was shading a face with paint without really even drawing it first!  It made me realize that the process doesn't have to be complicated. 

While I was painting this, I kept smearing the extra little dabs onto a blank page in my Book of Days; and I ended up with a pretty nice background!  I will show you that next time, hopefully along with the completed version of the page!

I hope you are having an awesome week, and I will see you soon!




4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing!! I love love love the colors and you KNOW I love that PEACE symbol shirt!!

dawn said...

awww how sweet they are. I love the playful feel to this page. So glad your having fun.

Marit said...

Great page Michelle... those faces look awesome! I"m going to check out Mindy now...

Sharon Fritchman said...

this is so adorable!!!! I love it! You know, I made a "lifebook" for Anne after we adopted her from China - I wonder if this is kind of the same thing? It is what got me interested in scrapbooking and art!!!