Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Goddess Maeve and the Raven...

Hey there everyone!  I've been having loads of fun studying the stories of the goddesses in Moonshine!  Our Goddess of the month in May was Maeve, and I finally finished my painting of her!  I'm so excited to show it to you!


Maeve was a goddess known for her intoxicating sensual beauty, so I was going for a "come hither" look - ha...

She's  9" x 12" on a wooden canvas...
 mostly acrylic paint, with some details done in colored pencil.


Here are a few of the steps along the way.  It started out with a sketch directly onto the board...

Then some color blocking with paint...



and here's another angle of the finished painting.

Moonshine is an awesome class!  Effy Wild is a fabulous teacher!  I highly recommend it if you have any interest in learning more about the feminine divine (goddess myths).  We are doing art journaling, painting and more!  You can click on the widget in the sidebar to learn more or register!

I hope you are having a fantastic week my friends!  Thank you so much for visiting!!!

7 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

You amaze me every time with your creativity and style, Michelle! Your goddess is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy that I stopped by your blog today!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING Michelle!! I am loving how you added the raven!! GORGEOUS!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous - she does indeed beckon the viewer! Love your raven and that orange in the background sets them both off beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Michelle, that is stunning! Love everything about it

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW!! She is gorgeous, LOVE the hair and the color!! The background orange just makes it even better!! The raven was a great idea!!
WOW, she is a beauty, might have to frame some of your art Michelle. Do you have any bare walls in your scrap space??

Marit said...

Your painting is stunning Michelle! I've been thinking about joining a/this class, but I have too much on my plate right now and when I join, I want to really have time to dig in... I am drooling over your work though!

PiaRom said...

I love your painting...so bold in colors and wonderful expression ♥ Conny
http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de