Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Project Life Update - August 1 - 7, 2013...

 Hi friends!  I've got a Project Life update for you today, and believe it or not, it's for August!

Even though I'm behind by a few months, I decided to continue on with Project Life in the current month, and catch up with the old ones as time permits. 

Part of the reason for this is - I subscribed to the Studio Calico Project Life kit, and I was anxious to try it out!  So, here we go...

August 1 - 7, 2013...

 Here's how it looks with the calendar insert...

 and without the insert...
What's happening here? It was the start of the 30-day blogalong, a retirement party for my friend Lynn, a vacation photo from daughter Becca and other everyday happenings around the house.

 Left side detail...
 I had a lot of fun working with my Studio Calico kit this week.  My subscription actually started in July, and I used one card from that kit (bottom left).  The title card is from the August kit.  I added some watercolor pencil swishes to the background to accent the Shel Silverstein quote that I glued on to the card.  The top right card is just some October Afternoon paper from my stash that happens to have the word "two" on it - how perfect is that?  :)  The donkey is a vintage postcard, but the "you are here" image is a stamp from the SC August kit.

 Detail of right side...
All the cards used on this side are from the August SC kit.  The photo of Becca and her friend Angela was one that she sent us while she was away having fun!  I didn't notice til I was uploading this photo that the sequins on the bottom card fell.  It actually says "Life is amazing,"  not "Ife is amazing."  Ha.

I am fully in love with Project Life again!  I worked on it all weekend, and made lots of progress in catching up.  I also subscribed to a second PL kit club - Gossamer Blue.  I will let you know how the two compare once I get my first GB kit.

Tonight's project is a Book of Mirrors page in my art journal.  I will let you know how that goes tomorrow!

Check out Effy's 30-day Blogalong, to see what the other participants are up to! 

Thanks for visiting, and for your comments!  I really appreciate you so much!

9 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Michelle! I absolutely love your Project Life pages! The photos are wonderful and your made really cool memories here on your pages!! I especially like how you added the insert! I can't wait to see your BOM pages tomorrow!

Pilgrim said...

I love your pages, they are so expressive. Is this your first year with project life? Thanks for sharing.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thank you so much Sharon and Glenda! Glenda, this is my second year with Project Life. I started in 2012. Thanks for asking!

Raine said...

Beautifully done, Michelle! You really rock those Project Life pages!

Karen Stewart Elliott said...

Michelle, I'm not familiar with Project Life, but there certainly is a lot of LIFE in your art--your expressive self. Love visiting here and seeing what you're up to.

Rene (rhymes with Bean!) said...

I love your pages and I love how you keep up this colorful record of your life day by day.

What a great physical reminder of the GOOD things that happen. I think I need to do something like this so that I have something to look at when the Spirits of Gloom and Despair visit me in the dark of the night. They always tell me I have had a life full of mistakes and failure.

In the light of the sun, I know that's not true.

ArtfulLee Designed said...

I really love your pages and the way you are record keeping. I NEED to try this way. Love how you have incorporated your photos.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks AWESOME!!! LOVING the calendar insert and loveeeeee the beach photo!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks so much for your kind words everyone! Rene, it IS good to remember the good things! I actually started scrapbooking during a very dark time in my life - specifically for that reason - and it helped so much! Things do look different in the light of day - thats for sure! Hugs to you!