Sunday, October 27, 2013

Studio Space Progress - Setting up Zones...

Thanks so much for your nice comments on my last post!  I'm so excited about my new space, and it makes it extra fun that I can share my progress with you!  Speaking of progress, I have ome more pics to share!


I'm dividing the space into zones.  Here you can see the computer zone in the back and in the middle there is the project life zone and part of the mixed media zone.  The stuff on the floor still needs to be put away...
even though my new space is larger, there is less storage cuz I had to give up one of my expedit bookcases and a wall of shelves that I had in my last studio. I envision putting a center island on wheels right in the  middle of the room someday, but that will have to wait for a bit.

Here in the back you can see the sewing zone; in the middle is the music zone (I decided to bust out my old vinyl records and stereo, which had been in storage), and in the front is a journaling zone with my comfy chair...

and here is a couple of pics taken from the other side of the room. You can see - the mixed media zone in the back which flows into the project life zone in the foreground...

 and the journaling zone from a different angle...
I'm working on setting up an "inspiration station" for the books.  I've obviously got a long way to go still, but I can see progress, which is super exciting!!!  I haven't created anything in a month, while the whole move and vacation was happening, so I am raring to go!

Speaking of creating - I signed up for Joanne Sharpe's new class "Draw Your Awesome Life," which starts tomorrow!  I'm so excited!!!  Are any of you taking it?
I think it will be a great way to dive back into journaling!

I've also got like a billion lessons to catch up on with Life Book, Book of Days, and Moonshine.  I can't wait to get going on it all!!!

How are you all doing with your creative projects?  What's new?  What's happening?


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looking good Michelle!! LOVING your new space!!!!

dawn said...

Hello Michelle!!Thanks so much for this peek again into your awesome studio. WOW, I love all the stations, that' a great idea!! Will keep this in mind for myself. That is so much work to unpack and organize but will be so fun once it's done. If we lived closer I would help you for sure.
That new class sounds fun, haven't heard of it yet but will check it out.
Can't wait to see some art from you again!!
I am in a new class with Christy and Junelle.."art of goodness" fun stuff for fall and the holidays. Going to do art everyday in November too along with my thankful post everyday. Going to start making homemade decorations for Christmas too. Wish me luck on getting this all done, haha!
Good to hear from you again, take care and enjoy the process and new home!HUGS!

Emie58 said...

WOW!!! What a great studio space... and the natural light is amazing!!! I'm also taking Joann's class.... funny... she lives just up the road from me and I've never met her. Looking forward to drawing some more!