Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The OLW is COLOR!!!

Hi friends!  It's time for the One Little Word challenge again, and this time it's one of my favorite words --- COLOR!!!  Yeayyyy!!!!

I've been obsessed with color as far back as I can remember; and color is a major element in all of my art.  I'm so grateful to Gudrun for picking this word!

Here's what I came up with...
The two little figures are stamps, but the rest is done completely with markers in my big grid journal.  I drew it out first with pencil, and then filled it in with tombow markers.  The black outlining was done with a glaze pen, and the white accents are uniball signo.

So, how do you feel about color?  Do you have a personal color palette you like to use?  Is it bold and bright, or maybe more soft and muted?  Come on over and play along with us at One Little Word!  It's not a contest, but more of just a fun way to share our art around the chosen word of the month.  We are looking for all kinds of creative pieces -- it doesn't have to be art journal pages. We'd love to see you there!  Click here to check it out!

Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments.  I love hearing from you!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This OLW is PERFECT for you!! I just loveeeeeeeeeee this Michelle!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!

Ronda Palazzari said...

Love how colorful this page is! Seriously love it!

dawn said...

OMG!!! This is soooo perfect for you Michelle!! I LOOOOOOVE it so much!!! How awesome and fun it came out!! This should be framed and put up in your NEW STUDIO!!!

Funny, I've only liked blue my whole life then art journaling opened a whole new world of color for me. I love all colors now and can't get enough of any of them.

Great job Michelle, thanks so much for sharing this happy page!

Val-Belle said...

This is beautiful Michelle. I love colour and I love the BRIGHT colours you have used for this. Just lovely.

Marit said...

You must have had so much fun making this page... it just shows! LOVE IT!

Sharon Fritchman said...

PERFECT challenge for you, Michelle! I love how you used color! This is an amazing example of your wonderful style and work. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!