Monday, November 11, 2013

Art Every Day Month - Days 8 and 9 - No More Excuses Journal...

I'm so excited!!!  The 2014 Edition of No More Excuses Journaling is out - yeayyy!!!  If you're not familiar with No More Excuses, it's a journaling method taught by Gina Armfield, that uses a weekly desk planner as a base.   There has been a whole series of No More Excuses (NME) journaling workshops, and I've taken (and loved) each one of them.  This year, Gina has a whole new website called No Excuses Art, and a book coming out on the subject in December.

Part of the fun, for me, is picking out which day planner to use, and prepping it in advance, so I am ready to dive in come January 1st.

I was super inspired by the video in this blogpost, so this year, I am using this Moleskine Weekly Planner...

I like the fact that each spread has the days of the week on one side, and a diary side on the other, which leaves lots of possibilities for doodling, writing, etc.  The possibilities are endless!

I spent days 8 and 9 of Art Every Day Month, creating my new NME journal.  Here's how it looks, all prepped and ready for 2014...
This year, one of my goals is to focus on the monthly themes more than I have in the past.  I decided to attach tabs with the names of the themes on them, to keep them more in the forefront of my mind. Oh my goodness I had fun making these and sewing them on! 

Here you can see the full tab with the stitching and name of the month.  I also attached a 6 x 9 envelope at the beginning of each month to collect stuff...


and one piece of watercolor was taped in for each month...

There are also various small envelopes and tags taped in here and there.  I can't wait to get started!

If you want to find out more about the No Excuses Journaling Method, click here to go to Gina's new website!

For more info about Art Every Day Month, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I will see you Wednesday for another post...


3 comments:

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I love it! Your journaling tabs are absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely going to check out this No Excuses Journaling! :)

Trece said...

Okay, spill! Where/how did you get the tabs? "I need, I need. . ." (What About Bob?)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks AWESOME!! I am loving those TABS!!!!!