Friday, November 22, 2013

Update on Three Different Journals...

Hey friends and happy Friday!  I've got an update for you on three different journals I've been working in - My No Excuses journal, Book of Days, and Watercolor journal.

This is what I've been doing in my No Excuses journal...

I'm using a Papaya spiral notebook (love those!) right now for this.  November's theme is "dreams,"  so I've been putting a short synopsis of my dreams next to my weather, color and doodle for the day.  These doodles were all inspired by the book Creative Doodling and Beyond, which is a fantastic source for expanding your doodling repertoire! 


This is what's been going on in my watercolor journal...


I've done three more lessons for the Draw YourAwesome Life workshop. These are all done in an 8 x 10 Global Watercolor Handbook...
 Albrecht Durer Watercolor pencils


 (gelatos)


 (Blick liquid watercolor & Koi Watercolor)


and last but not least, these two were done in my Book of Days...
 (Seth Apter Storytime stencil, Acrylic paint, gesso, dylusions spray ink, white liquid acrylic ink, and images from a thrifted coffee table book)


(gesso on black stonehenge paper, crafters workshop birch trees stencil, acrylic paint, neocolor II crayons, white liquid acrylic ink)

I think that gets me up to date for Art Every Day Month.  I'm also linking up to Julie Balzer's Art Journal Every Day post.

I'd love to know what your journaling style is.  Do you work in more than one journal at a time, or does everything go in one?  Do tell!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by!  See you again very soon!

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are soooooooo gorgeous Michelle! I love love love the giraffe and the horses!!!!!!!!

Maron said...

I really enjoyed this post. You are zoo talented. I love your work!

Weird Amy said...

I love your work! It's so much fun to stop by and see the cheerfulness you put on the page.

I am a multi-journal kind of gal too! Mostly I am too impatient to wait for things to dry and I think using a heat gun to speed it up is boring...so when I get to a point where I have to let one thing dry, I pick up another journal and work in it! Plus some of my journals are different styles (watercolor, sketch, handmade with different papers, altered books) so there's another multi journal reason...and sometimes I like to work on loose paper (I don't know if that counts as it's own journal form or not...)! I have an obscene amount of journals...and I have several brand new ones on reserve for when I finish an old one up! ...I may need a little bit of therapy for my obsession... :)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks Julie Maron and Sweet Red! Sweet Red, you sound just like me! Sometimes I think I like collecting and binding the journals just as much as filling them up!

Linda Kunsman said...

you got my attention at AJED with the giraffe illustration-love giraffes-well all animals really:) Great vibrant art all around!!

Tracy said...

Wow, there are some beautiful journal pages here! I love that the different journals are different styles, too.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Michelle! I always love visiting your blog and getting inspiration from your amazing and creative work! I love them all!!!!! thanks for sharing! And If I don't get a chance next week, I want to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving, my friend! xoxoxoxo

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW for all 3 journals here!! I just love seeing your art and what you will do next. These are all amazing and the giraffe and HORSES are sooooo awesome and real like. I can't believe you have horses across the street, I'd be over there all the time. They are my favorite animal and giraffe's are my second favorite.
So glad you got to play around in all your journals this week. Thanks so much for sharing them!

Did you get to watch Becky Higgins these last 3 days, I'm sure you heard about her live shows right?
I watched some of each day and enjoyed it so much. Usually around this time we've had to pick what core kit we want for next year. Now we have so many we don't have to do that now. Kinda makes me sad not to get all excited and waiting by the mailbox everyday for it to come.
Sorry for the long comment, have a great weekend!

Seth said...

Thanks for including my stencil in your journal. I love how you used it to seamlessly add to the page. That giraffe is pretty cool too!

SCarol said...

Wow is the word! These are amazing pages. I particularly love the doodle page and giraffe.

My name is Erika. said...

Great pages. They're so bright and colorful. Makes me smile. I especially lvoe the giraffe and horses.

Nancy B said...

What eye candy all of your pages are! I will definitely be back to look at your blog. Wonderful and inspiring!