Friday, December 20, 2013

Project Life Update - Using images that aren't photos...


I spent the weekend working on Project Life with my December kits from Gossamer Blue and Studio Calico.  Even though I'm way behind, I decided to do the current week, and leave the catch up stuff for later.


The week of December 1 - 8 took up two full spreads.  Here's the first one...

 I am still using the Willowing Printable calendar as a monthly divider.  This month's image is especially beautiful, I think!  I love the blues and purples in Tam's painting, and tried to incorporate the colors into my spread, which was a lot of fun.


 Detail of left side...
 I wanted to document that we saw our first deer in the new neighborhood, but I didn't have a photo.  I was thrilled to realize that my Gossamer Blue kit had a deer sticker in it - yeayyyy!!! Perfection!!!  I also documented Michael's computer lab, my new studio and the No Excuses artist of the month that I am learning about - Frida Kahlo.  I love that photo of Michael in our new kitchen.  He looks so cute.  The You are my everything card is from the Studio Calico December kit.  I embellished it with the feather and doily.

Detail of right side...
The adorable Wizard of Oz tag was handmade by my friend Lynn and I just love it!  It was a little too big to fit in the pocket, so I sliced a little hole in the top of the pocket so it could stick out.  I just love how the glittery ribbon hangs down over my page now, rather than being cooped up inside the pocket!  I've been posting Throwback Thursday photos on facebook, so I stuck a favorite in this week's spread too.

Second spread of the week...


Left side detail...
 The top left pocket is an image from my Papaya desk planner.  The bottom right image was cut from a magazine.  It's kinda fun looking for creative ways to illustrate a story, when there's no photo to go with it.

Here's a clearer view of the Peace on Earth image from Papaya. 

Right side detail...
 I took the photo of Michael's sister Annie and her husband John right off of facebook.  It was too cute not to keep!  The bottom right is a beautiful Christmas card handmade by my friend Julie Tucker-Wolek!  Thanks again Julie!



I absolutely adore my sister Renee's ongoing instagram saga of her two cats - Henry and Daisy.   The captions always crack me up!  I had to include this one in my week's layout...

 I used a sketch to plan my layout this time, and it really helped! 




For next year, I found a great Project Life Planner printable to use for 2014.  It's by Traci Reed, who also designs for Gossamer Blue.  I really love that it's customizable!  Check it out here!

Oh, and p.s. - The 2014 Printable Owl Barn calendar is out!  These are awesome for Project Life and they are free!  Check it out here!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I really appreciate you!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwww you are so sweet to include my card!!! xoxoxoxo :) I loveeeeeeeeee your pages!!! Loving Rene's cat story and loving that tag your friend Lynn made!!!!!

anne g-i said...

owls??? awesome!!!! your spreads look great!

Jane Martin said...

So many memories captured...

Cara said...

As always, I adore EVERYTHING! you do! Ahhh! Lovelovelove.

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!
It's been quite a while since I did some blog hopping and I love what I see here on your blog! You are so productive. And creative. And inspiring. Annd... well, just love everything that is here.

XX Monica