Friday, March 28, 2014

Finish 'er Up Friday: Life Book update...

Hey there everyone!  I've been working (or I should say playing) hard on my Life Book 2013 lessons, and making progress!  Here are some pages that I finished last weekend at my girlfriends retreat...

Unfinished Project:  Life Book 2013
Lessons completed this week:  5
Lessons left to go: 10


Week 31: Healing and Authenticity with Jeanette Maisy House...
(acrylic paint, collage papers, rubber stamps, modeling paste, stencils, neocolor II crayons, black watercolor pencil, matte medium, diamond stickles)


 Week 33: Bunny Party with Mindy Lacefield...  (I call mine "Fox Dreams.")
(acrylic paint, tissue paper, pencil, neon water soluble oil crayon)



Week 47: Celebrating Color with Jane Davies...
 (ledger paper, acrylic paint, photo of my Grandma and Grandpa Thompson, pencil)


 Week 25: True You with Mitsi B...
(collage papers, acrylic paint, acrylic ink, stencils, gesso, neocolor II crayons, 
black watercolor pencil)


Week 24: The Eyes are the Windows to the Soul with Kelly Hoernig...
(collage papers - text, and different shades of green, acrylic paint, punchinella, white signo unibal pen, pitt pen, prisma color pencil)


I learned something different from each one of these lessons; and was reminded of what a fabulous class Life Book is!  The insight gained from learning from so many different super talented artists is priceless!

How about you?  Are you working on any unfinished projects?  How's it going?  I'd love to hear!

Thanks so much for visiting!  I really appreciate you!  Have a fabulous Friday, my friends!

5 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Michelle! I absolutely LOVE all of your projects! The fox, the eyes, and the others are so fabulous, creative, and beautiful. Thank you so much for always sharing your talents with all of us and making me truly believe that inspiration is everywhere!!!! Have a great weekend, my friend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all gorgeous Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeeee that fox on the 2nd one!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thank you so much Sharon and Julie!

dawn said...

Hi Michelle!!
So happy to see your art journal again!! WOW!! These are all awesome, that first one I think is my favorite. Everyone likes cute foxes now. What a great job you did catching up on these pages, YAY!! You will be done in no time.
I was excited to see Alisa's class start early this morning, YAY!!! I bet you love that first lesson, your writing/doodling/letting is so fun!
Happy weekend my friend. I'm going to a crop tomorrow and will finish the journaling on my PL there. Simple and easy to pack :)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks so much for your kind words! I was excited about Alisa's class starting too - will have to do a post about it soon. Have fun at your crop!