Saturday, April 12, 2014

Planner update and Cat Stevens...

Gosh, it's been forever since I did a planner update for you, so here we go with some catch up pages from March...

(click on any image to make it larger)

 (tombow markers, pitt pen, sticker, washi tape and magazine word)


My tip-in was a no excuses challenge to be inspired by a quote...
 (decorative tape, gelatos, pitt pen and magazine images on watercolor paper)


 Flip over the tip in and you see the Documented Life challenge for the week, which was "What Makes Me Who I Am?"  I took inspiration from Lorraine Bell for this one, and used tracing paper to "peel back the (proverbial) layers..."


 Layer 1...

Layer 2...


Layer 3...


Layer 4...

I was so excited to hear that Cat Stevens (now Yusuf) was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this week!  I grew up with Cat's songs and he still remains one of my all-time favorites.  I have fond memories of listening to his songs over and over again, pondering the meaning of the lyrics and of life itself.  I have so many memorized in my heart.   Yeayyyy  Yusuf!

Here's a screenshot from his facebook page...


I will leave you with this recent video. He is being interviewed about how his songs came to be the soundtrack for the movie Harold and Maude; which just so happens to be my favorite movie!  I found this so fascinating.  I hope you do too!




Have a super Saturday my friends!  Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments!  I love hearing from you!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving these pages Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeee the flowers!!! And that is awesome about Cat Stevens!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Michelle. My twin sister and I LOVED cat Stevens when we were in college. We swooned every time we saw him or heard his music! Thank you for sharing this with all of us. And your pages are absolutely amazing, as always, my friend. I loved learning a little bit more about you, and in such a beautiful way, too!

dawn said...

WOW! These pages are great! I love the sunset photo you used! The layers is amazing and so COOL!! I loved seeing each one and so you!
That's great to hear about Cat Stevens!

Thanks so much for the visit Michelle! HUGS!