Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Random Daily Junque Journal Pages...

Hey friends!  I've got a few before and after pages in my junque journal to share with you today.  These are just random pages of daily writing, with some techniques learned in Julie Balzer's 30 days in your junque journal workshop...

Wednesday November 5:
Before...
and after...
 That cute little drawing is something Michael found blowing around in the yard.  How adorable is it?  My favorite part is the "smuch!"


 Friday November 7...
I forgot to take a "before" photo on this one - sorry...


and Saturday November 8:
Before...
and after...
You can still see a little of the Filter Subscription page showing thru the right hand side if you look closely (behind the "know who you are" stamp, and above the words "no use explaining").


 and finally, here's Tuesday November 9:
Before...
and after...
There's nothing about the image on this page that has anything to do with my writing - I just liked it, so I kept it.  I also like the "Rubber Tracks" typefont, so wanted to preserve that so I could try it myself later.

You really don't have to have deep profound things to say to art journal daily.  Even though these are just miscellaneous random thoughts, I'm still going to enjoy looking back on them someday, and it's a great chance to fling paint around and play with colors!

If you are interested in making a junque journal like this one - check out Julie's "Make your own Junque Journal" workshop.  That's where I made this one and it was tons of fun!  Click here for more info.  (I don't get paid for this I just really want to share in the fun!)

6 comments:

coco.nut said...

great pages!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these!! LOVING how you saved the kids picture!!! SO SWEET!!!!!!!

milkcan said...

Great post! Love seeing your befores and afters!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Julie, I LOVED your class!

dawn said...

How fun these are, your amazing with journals and collages and paint my friend!

Love the OLW below too, so pretty!

Kim T said...

Wow, this motivates me to do a junque journal ... thanks for this perspective, love how colorful/transformative they are. Thanks for sharing!