Friday, January 9, 2015

Beginnings...

Right now all of the classes I'm taking are having their own version of a "beginnings" lesson.  At first I was a little worried about it, cuz I don't want a bunch of repetitive pages; but each one is a little different, and I am delighted that they are all falling together quite naturally!

The first Documented Life Challenge is to use book paper and work with the theme:  Be Your Own Goal Keeper.  Here's what I came up with...

(book paper, gesso, acrylic paint, tombow markers, pencil, white poster paint pen, shipping tag)
 
I kept it pretty simple and listed three goals for the year:
1. Go on Adventures,
2. Create Something Every Day, and
3.  Approach all things with Love.

 
I already had the first Lifebook lesson on the next page; so together they make this spread...


That gave me the idea to use the next two spreads to represent my other two goals.  This is my first Book of Days spread...
(gesso, ad image, acrylic paint, fabric spray ink, neon oil crayon, markers)

The image of the girl and her dog is a gesso transfer that I colored with paint and ink.  I usually have a terrible time with transfers of any kind, so I was delighted that it turned out!

and then, here's my final goal, represented on my mantra page from Artfully Inspired Life...
(tombow marker and pitt pen)

It's a fun challenge to make all the different classes work together in one journal. I thought about giving each workshop it's own book; but I've tried that before and I always end up with half-finished journals all over the place - ha.  This way I don't have that problem!

I hope you are having a super-groovy week, my friends!  Thank you so much for visiting!

 

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are all fabulous ... but that last one ... WOWWWWWW!!!!!!

anne g-i said...

I love how your pages flow together so naturally!

Dara Lynn said...

I love breakthrough mornings and today you definitely helped me through a decision of whether to have separate journals for each class or just grab a book and go! Thank you!!!!! Have loved following you these past few years and always enjoy visiting your blog and being colorfully inspired :)

Marit said...

Amazing to see how all the different workshop-lessons combine together in one journal, you really make it work! LOVE the transfer image... it illustrates the 'adventure journey' perfectly! Enjoy your weekend dear!

dawn said...

I love these Michelle!! Great beginnings in your journal.

So happy to read your ideas here because that's what I'm thinking over now too. With a few different classes and half empty journals sitting here, I thought about combining them. You are good at making it work with your journals. YAY!
Now to figure out mine, inspired by seeing yours. Thanks for sharing and keep having fun!

Your colors are amazing by the way.

phinner said...

Michelle - You continue to amaze me with your evolving talents. Have you considered developing your own online journal classes and teaching them? I would totally pay for and take!!!