Sunday, April 12, 2015

The 100-Day Project: One Week In...

Hey there friends!  I just wanted to give you a quick 100-Day Project update...

So far, I'm right on schedule.  I just posted my 7th page on Instagram.  Here's what I've got so far...

Page 1 of 100 (in my mixed media art journal)...

Page 2 of 100 (also in mixed media art journal)...

Page 3 of 100 (Workshop assignment for Artfully Inspired Life - in watercolor journal)...

Page 4 of 100 (in bullet journal)...

Page 5 of 100 (Another Artfully Inspired Life assignment - in watercolor journal)...

Page 6 of 100 (No Excuses weekly calendar in watercolor journal)...

Page 7 of 100 (Assignment from "The Gifts of Imperfection" ecourse - in envelope journal)...

I'm really loving this process.  Knowing that I have to completely finish a page in one of my journals, photograph and upload it to instagram every day, has really helped me develop discipline, and is bringing a rhythm to my creative process that feels really healthy.  I'm surprised at how much I have felt like jumping around from journal to journal.  Also, it's not as hard to decide what I feel like working on, cuz I know that whatever I don't do today, I can always do for tomorrow's project.  I find that somehow comforting.  :)

I didn't do alot of explaining about these pages, so please feel free to leave questions in the comments if you have them.  I will do my best to answer them in the next post.

Are you doing the 100-Day Project?  If you want to leave your instagram name and project hashtag in the comments, I will cheer you on! Mine is #100daysofjournalingforshelley.

Thanks so much for visiting!

9 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW, Michelle! Your one week in is absolutely amazing! I love every single page! I always enjoy visiting your blog!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us! HUGS!!!!

Pierrette Goupil said...

This is fantastic Michelle! I enjoy creating everyday and I work in many journals too and I find your blog so inspiring! Keep on the enthusiasm and please share your beautiful pages! I love it.

Lynda Shoup said...

I love these and the fact that you are working in different journals. I have recently given myself permission to do that and found it very freeing. You certainly have stamina to produce this much in a week! Wow!

Marit said...

Awesome Michelle, to see the first week in a row... so colorful and vivid! Page 3, is that oil crayons? Love the look of it (I do have oil crayons but hardly ever work with it - I should do that more, the colors are so deep and bright!) You already know I am in love with page 4 - I used that page as inspiration for one of my own pages (I will post it this week...) Happy creating Michelle!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! I always love your use of bright colors!!!!!!!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thank you so much for all of your kind words everyone! Marit, page 3 is actually colored pencil on cold press watercolor paper. I used a blender pencil and some gamsol to blend it, which might be why it looks like oil pastel.

iHanna said...

Such fun pages, and great project. Daily creativity is my favorite thing!

Michelle Rydell said...

Thanks iHanna!

Mona said...

What absolutely gorgeous journal pages!! I tried to pick some favorites but there are too many to choose! Good luck with making it through the 100 days!