Sunday, December 25, 2016

It's Time for the Top 2000 Songs of All Time Countdown!

Hi friends!  I'm so excited!  It's finally time to start the Top 2000 Countdown Blog Party!!!

Every year, a radio station in the Netherlands (Radio 2), hosts an international vote to determine the Top 2000 songs of all time.  They publish the results mid-December, and then on Christmas Day they start playing all 2000 songs; in ascending order - ending with the #1 song of all time on New Year's Eve.

My friend Marit Barentsen, has been hosting a blog party to honor this tradition, for the past eight years!  Artists all over the world are invited to create art inspired by songs on the list, and submit them to her. She publishes them all week long on her blog - each one on the day that the song plays on the radio.  Every year there is more and more art - It's loads of fun!

I have been playing along since the very beginning, and I'm so excited to start the party again this year!  My goal is to publish one journal page each day for the next week; each one inspired by a song on that days portion of the Top 2000 list.


First, I wanted something to introduce the top 2000 pages in my journal, so I created this...




and now, on to the first day of the party!

Today we are counting down the best songs of all time, from #2000 to #1808.

I picked Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues, which comes in at #1812...

It's hard to tell in the photo, but this was done in a "junk journal," and the right side of the page is smaller than the left side.  That is why you see that white stripe and polkadot paper in the upper right corner.  It's the following page showing through.  Hope that makes sense?  I used alot of techniques that I learned in Roxanne Coble's "Lyrical" workshop. Check it out if you are looking for a fun, music-inspired class - I loved it!

Anyhoo,  here's Mr. Dylan in the classic video for Subterranean Home Sick Blues - enjoy!



I will be back tomorrow with day two of the countdown!  In the meantime, check out the official blog party going on at Marit's blog; and see all of the beautiful creations from artists around the world!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is fabulous! LOVING the colors! Merry Christmas!!